08/16/14 chat.

Options
gsheppy
gsheppy Posts: 283 Member
Good morning all. I miss say I really miss everyone. My summer has been really busy. Looking forward to the kids going back to school. Back to a routine, as crazy as it is.

I am not happy with my lack of interest on working out. I have not lost any lbs on but haven't lost any either. Not to bad. Gonna make some changes next week. I have to bring t25 back. Not sure how or when I am going to fit it in. I think I am going to try it again first thing before work. (4:15 am yuck). I will walk at night as much as I can. I like to do it when to boy is at soccer practice. Its a good solid 45mins. I watch him. The last 15mins.

Well today and tomorrow is gonna be a free for all. I will log as much as u can. Today I am hosting my family 44th golf tourney. Can't wait to see all my cousins.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Replies

• mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi Gen, I know I haven't been around just because work has been massively busy and I have been working long days and weekends to get all our new staff on-boarded for the start of school and first payroll run of the new school year. But I don't know about everyone else. Lots of members, just not sure how to get everyone motivated to check in. :huh:

Originally I was looking forward to summer because I thought it meant more time to get to the gym. As it worked out, it was the opposite. Now I am hoping that once school settles in I will be able to leave work at a reasonable time to make it to the gym more consistently. Same as you, I have not lost anything but have not gained anything these past couple of weeks. As of this morning, through our summer challenge, I have lost 3 of the 8 lbs I gained, but hovering at 190. My cardio time, when I can get it, is keeping the stress at bay, but I am starting to miss my weightlifting time with my boys ... Ha, funny I never thought I'd catch myself saying that!!

Anyway, hope you have a good week Gen. Keep up the good work and we will get there. As for anyone else who passes this way, please stop and leave a note so we know how you are doing. We are all in this together!
  • chloe2300
    chloe2300 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry for not checking in :embarassed:

Unfortunately we don't have working scales at home (I'd been using the one where I volunteer) so I don't know if I've lost anything through our summer challenge yet. However, I start my new job in September and will be buying some as soon as I'm paid! Until then I'm just going to keep going. I've also brought and been using a Fitbit One which has definitely helped increase my daily mileage - I would really recommend it if anyone is considering buying one.

Outside of our summer challenge I'm still struggling with lowering my sugar intake but upping fruit and veg has been a success :smile:

I hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • mamacoates
    Options
    Hi Chloe, great to hear from you. Keep hanging in there with your exercise and your individual nutrition challenges. They sound great. Gen and MrsMe use Fitbits and I know they really like them. I have a HRM that tracks calories burned but I notice the accuracy is much more valid for running than other types of cardio. Anyway back to work for me. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • mrsme1008
    mrsme1008 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

MIA - Guilty as charged :embarassed: Just getting over a stomach virus so no exercise and just started eating "regular" yesterday. Felling better and will get back on track asap.

I'll catch up with everyone over the weekend!

Cheryl :flowerforyou:
  • mamacoates
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! Glad to hear from you and glad to hear you are back on your feet.

Fall is fast approaching and I think I need to do something to get me back into gear. Just logging my miles has not been enough. I need someone/something to really push me out of my comfort zone again. I am checking out a KAIA Fit 6 week boot camp program that is starting at the beginning of Sept and will carry me through mid-October to get me geared up for "warrior strength" through the holidays. Going to a demo next week. I will let you all know ...