Gym or home?

Options
MiniMago
MiniMago Posts: 2 Member
Hi all,
I just read the book and am trying to decide if I should force myself to go to the gym or gather the materials to start the program at home. For those of you who go to the gym, do you just bring the print outs with you? I have a membership but I usually just do cardio there because the men are so terrible in the weight room at my gym. I could start going at 5am to avoid them. Do you think it would be worth it? Thank you!

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't quite understand what you mean by the men are so terrible in the weight room. What do you mean?

As far as buying your own equipment that really depends on how much you like weightlifting. How long have you been doing it? Can you see yourself doing it for a really long time, I.e. far longer than the 12 week program? If so, then yes, doing the program at home is great.

Personally I chose to create a home gym because my gym was so crowded I got tired of sharing the equipment with both the men and women in the weight room. I wanted to be able to take my time on each lift and do them in the exact order I wanted without having to wait around for something to open up. I was able to purchase everything I needed on craigslist for the same price as a discounted annual membership at my gym.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If I had a choice, definitely home gym for the reasons freckles suggested.

In terms of the men being terrible, I've only experienced one such guy in my gym. I get the impression that he doesn't believe women should be lifting heavy. So I kinda know what you mean. But SC is totally worth it. I LOVED the program.

Oh, and my book is on my Kindle so I used to take that to the gym along with my notebook to write down the weight I lifted, etc.

Good luck and I hope you get great results!