List Of Things Needed For...

Options
2»

Replies

• 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You can get that Cuisinart immersion blender at places like Target and Kroger, not just online.
    For protein powders - they do sell them at Walmart. A lot of people get and like the Body Fortress brand that they sell there. However, you can't sample anything from Walmart before you buy it, so you could end up with a 2 lb jug of protein powder that you hate. At places like GNC or Vitamin Shoppe, most of them will blend you a sample to try in the store before you buy it. Or you can buy samples online from places like nashuanutrition.com or vitalady.com before buying the same brands at GNC.
    That said, I may be over-complicating things - many people rave about the Body Fortress brand.
    Thank You Thank You Thank You for ALL these suggestions!
    This is really what Ive been searching for....someone who could lead me in the direction of kitchen ware and food/liquids to start getting together.
    I meet w/ the surgeon on the 26th....this is after almost 3 months since my last weigh in...I was starting to wonder if they even remembered me :happy:
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I stayed two days at the hospital. I brought my phone and clothes to come home in. (Also) a hair brush. The hospital supplied everything else. I made sure I stocked up on my vitamins and I already had a food chopper that also grinds food for when I could start eating meat. My first trip to the store after surgery I bought a food scale. Other than that I have found sugar free ice pops were a staple for me when I got home and decaf. tea. O also love the Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry is wonderful. (5 calories) It did not take me long to move up to foods I can eat---I can handle crackers and toast also salad at 6 weeks. I have a problem with pasta and any meat that nay be a bit too dry, Meat in the crockpot is nice and moist. (Donna)