New bike trail coming to Petal

Options
krue1971
krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
The city of Petal and Mississippi Power are opening up some land for bmx, cyclocross and mountain bike trails to built this fall along the Leaf River. I would imagine the mtb trail will be multi-use like the other trails in the area, so we will have another exercise venue soon.

Replies

• shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That sounds exciting, I will definitely have to check that out once I move closer to that area.
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info
  • krue1971
    Options
    The trail is open to all users, about 3 miles with little elevation change but nice hardwood bottoms, very shaded and quiet considering it's location.
  • BarretScarbrough
    BarretScarbrough Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool, any update on this? I live in Ellisville and will ride to the Industrial park which is a 3mi ride. About two weeks ago a friend and I went to the Long Leaf trace and went about 6mi, in a week or two we're going to do 10-15. It would be nice to have a local place for mountain biking, the only really cool place I know of is Bonita lakes in Meridian, they have a 3,300 acre park with over 15 miles of walking, horse, biking trails.
  • krue1971
    Options
    There are 11 miles of single track trail off the Long Leaf Trace at Jackson Station, about 1/4 mile west of the parking lot. There are also about 3 miles of trail in Petal as of now.