Day 30: August 18

Options
ronercat
ronercat Posts: 273 Member
Good morning to all of you wonderful people.

I wasn't on here the last couple of days to say this, but Pat, great job on the 50 mile ride! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend (or at least the best weekend they could, depending on the circumstances). I am a little sad that summer is coming to a close, because it means that soon school will start and a lot of the summer activities will be ending. I will say that I am not going to miss the heat.

On that note, what are some of the things that you all do to make sure you stay active during the colder months? (At least those of us that live in a place that gets cold.) Are there certain activities that you do?

Replies

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I nice morning sleeping in. I'm stiff all over but I'll go get the roller and give these muscles a good rubdown.

I'll probably be doing more of the same during the winter. Th cold weather is more difficult on my asthma but the weightloss and exercise has helped me control outbreaks and except for the second time getting on the bike I haven't had an attack. So I will probably have to restrict my riding to the afternoon when it will be the warmest and buy some cold weather gear.

Hopefully in the coming months I will be able to add swimming back to my list of activities. Thankfully the city keeps the community pool well heated and theirs fewer people in the winter.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise outside much in the summer because I HATE the heat. I recently traded my Planet Fitness membership for a membership at a hotel gym that includes an indoor heated pool...so I forsee myself doing a lot of swimming this fall/winter. I'm born and raised in NH, so you'd think that I'd be all in to skiing and snowboarding, but I'm not. My dad was an EMT when I was growing up and he was always getting called to the ski mountain for carzy accidents, so I was scared to ever pick those up. But I do enjoy snowshoeing and my boyfriend likes to play snowshoe frisbee golf on the golf courses when they close for the season.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Snowshoe frisbee golf???? Haha Haha... that sounds awesome!
    ''
    Hello, all! Busy couple of days here doing important things like crafting with children and housecleaning at 2 a.m. Long swim planned at 2:00. My eating was a little out of control this weekend, so I need to reign back in and regroup. Not crazy binge stuff, but just not following my healthy plan. For me, not pre-planning my food is the worst mistake. If I don't have something to grab. (Like a lean cuisine or a protein shake) when I'm hungry but in too much pain to actually cook something or shop, then I'm in trouble.

Winter activities... back to the gym! Back aquasize classes. I'm going to sign up for some,sessions with a trainer this year and start doing weights. That will be fun!

Hope everyone is well today!
    Karen
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I ....like Karen, want to start some weigh lifting sessions too.. I have the weights at home...a couple kettleballs etc, so need to get back to doing those. When the weather finally cools down (no end in sight just yet with 43 C and 75% humidity this week)....I would like to walk outside around the compound and jog.

Not much news here...busy at work. Have a great one all!!