PiYo Fusion Week 3

Options
ATyghter
ATyghter Posts: 44 Member
Did anyone give the raw food a go this week?

Week 3's challenges are as follows:

1) Mind - READ! Yes I know, you're busy, you don't have time, you have a million other things you could be doing BUT you really need to take care of yourself and make yourself a priority. You don't have to read a novel this week but I want you to read something non-fiction that educates or informs your health, wellness, nurtrition or fitness journey. Find a magazine, a journal article, start a book OR find an audiobook (you can listen to it while you're working out!)

2) Nutrition - Pick a day this week and photograph everything you eat. No one is asking for professional photos... a quick snap of the camera phone will do. If you're feeling particularly up to the challenge, shoot for more than 1 day. New studies are finding that people who snap photos of their meals are more likely to make healthy choices.

3) Fitness - Did you get through the plank challenge? This week we're going to try a different body part. Most women find that if it's not the midsection, it's their lower half that bothers them the most SO in order to lift your tush and tone your thighs, we're going to start the squat challenge. TODAY (Monday, August 18), I want you to start with 25 squats. If you have bad knees, modify and don't go as low but for the rest of us, bring that tush as low to the ground as you can. If you need a visual reference, watch a baby squat or google "How babies squat"

I've taken out the PiYo challenge part of this as everyone seems to be adding it on their own terms so these challenges will be a supplement to your existing PiYo choices.

Hope you're all sticking with it.

Best of luck this week. Would love to hear how you're all doing!

Replies

• AWillia222
    Options
    I've been m.i.a. from MyFitnessPal, logging in my Food and Exercise Diary, and posting in this motivational group, but thankfully not m.i.a. from my fitness routine.

1) Mind - READ!
    - I am not an avid reader, but I do have interests and am passionate about healthcare and the well-being of babies and young children. I have fell behind and lost track of my goals and dreams, so in addition to my ongoing fitness journey, I am trying to incorporate reading regularly into my schedule, and to re-focus, which will hopefully lead to a desired career change.
    Whether it be articles online since I am on the computer at least 8hrs every day, or reading a chapater out of a textbook every morning or night, I have already made the decision to do so, and have started making the effort by reading a few articles last week which has already lit a fire in me!

2) Nutrition - Pick a day this week and photograph everything you eat.
    - I am going to try this one again because I forgot to do so last week.
    I really believe it will help me to make healthier choices :)

3) Fitness - Did you get through the plank challenge?.....We're going to start the squat challenge.
    - I did get through the PLANK CHALLENGE with help from a couple fitness instructors adding planks to our fitness classes.
    There are a few varitions of planks including full plank, elbow planks, side planks, planks with legs raised etc. I always try to start with the most intense options and modify as time progresses. Also, starting with the most intesne position/option reminds me the next time that I did it before and I can do it again. I try my best not to take the easy way out, even if i'm feel tired.
    - I completed the SQUAT CHALLENGE as I have only heard good things about doing squats, not only for the thighs, and tush, but also for the abdominal area as you mentioned Aly!
    I once read a statement from a woman that her abdominal area has never been flatter since doing squats. Just hearing that piece of information got me into doing squat sets with or without weights. My squats/bum has gradually gotten lower to the ground which I am proud of and still shocked at the progress i've made in a short amount of time.
    I have started a little task of doing up to 40 squats after going to the washroom at work, or on my lunch break before I eat.
    Part of me wishies the unused boardroom coud be transformed into a lunch time gym!