how long did you take off of work?

Options
2»

Replies

• ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I went back to work because I'm a college professor and I committed to teaching the duration of the course. I taught on Monday, had surgery on Tuesday, cancelled class on Wednesday and was back in the classroom on Monday. I am 5 weeks out and I can't imagine not being back into my regular routine. I would be so, so, so bored. I like to be busy and get bored easily. But, I also have a job where I'm not there 8-5. I teach, work from home, homeschool my kids, take them to their activities, etc. So I'm always on the go and not just sitting at a desk for 8 hours and dealing with people eating out, community kitchens, etc.
  • janetksc
    janetksc Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I went back to work after the staples were removed. But I could have been back in the first week. But the dr wanted me to be out the whole 6 weeks. I was back at the gym, just walking, within three weeks.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great info. I think this shows we all recover differently and have such different lifestyles, that it is a wait and see. I am going to prepare for an extended abscence in case I need it, but hope for a much speedier recovery.
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job, and I took off 3 weeks. I needed every bit of those 3 weeks too. I had an awesome recovery in the fact that I was never sick and had no complications. I found that just sitting up sometimes was too much, and I needed to stretch out. It really does suck up a lot of your energy, and you find yourself tired after not doing a lot.
  • mommyang2
    Options
    I was just sleeved 7/22/2014. I went back to work 6 days post op. I am an assistant bank manager and I am constantly up and down. For the first week I was a little tired but nothing that I couldn't handle. I did give up my heels for 2 weeks and went to flats.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have a very physically demanding job, so I took 5 weeks off FMLA (I'm currently in week 4), and then I have to do a month of desk duty. Better to be ready to go than try to push it.