Wednesday August 20th - Day 20, Rest Day

Options
AllieRoyerA
AllieRoyerA Posts: 69 Member
Today is a wonderful Rest Day! I know my lower half is thanking me for a day off! How about you?

Today I want to talk about protein and meal replacement shakes..

The reason is, they are often misunderstood and used in the wrong ways. . Protein shakes are just that.. They are packed full of protein, where as meal replacement shakes contain vitamins and nutrients as well as carbs and proteins to replace a meal, or snack. .

When getting a protein powder, you want to look for a few key ingredients in the ingredient list, one important thing is digestive enzymes.. if it does not have these digestive enzymes you can become bloated, have gas, cramps and just feel very uncomfortable. .

So for today, I want to ask who here drinks a protein powder or a meal replacement?

What are some of the ingredients that stand out to you?

Do you know what the nutritional benefits are from drinking either one?

I will link some more information tonight after you have all had a chance to respond :)

P.S. Make sure your drinking water today, after all it is Water Wednesday!

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I've been using Isagenix meal replacement shakes for over five years.......they have 24g of protein from New Zealand whey, 8g of fiber, and 24g of carbs along with about a third of the daily requirement of calcium and vitamin D and other vitamins and minerals.

:flowerforyou: For breakfast every morning I have a chocolate Isagenix shake with walnuts and flax seed...it makes my day so much easier to have the same breakfast so I don't have to fritter away time deciding what to eat and I can get moving on walking my dogs.

:flowerforyou: There is no such thing as a "rest day" when you have dogs....they want to go out every day.....I've walked them for a total of three hours already and my pedometer has recorded 16,000 steps....in a few minutes I'll go to a two hour line dance class.

:flowerforyou: I keep track of the water I drink and consistently drink nine 8 ounce glasses a day.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Ljordan_fitflow
    Ljordan_fitflow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Protein shake of choice:

Dymatize ISO 100, prefer the low carb protein with less sugars. But this is just to supplement. I can't do meal replacements as i never full with that alone.