My Gastric Bypass - It's a done deal!

Options
PapaJames
PapaJames Posts: 12 Member
I went in to the hospital yesterday at 0930 for my Gastric Bypass surgery. Was scheduled to be in the OR at 1100. Well, that was the plan anyway! I finally got in at 1530 and was out at 1800, a new member of the RNY club!

The surgery went very well and I was feeling no pain... until today when I got home! No more IV drip with painkillers. I foolishly didn't think I'd need the Oxycodone because I really wasn't feeling much pain at all. I let the pain get ahead of be before I wised up and took a dose of the painkiller. It's nothing excruciating, but it is very uncomfortable and tender.

But the great news is that I finally had my surgery! I am a happy camper!

Heaviest Weight: 284lb
Preop Weight: 257lb
Current weight: 256lb
Height: 5'6"

Replies

• ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Glad it went well and you are home. I started feeling a lot better on day 4-5.
  • MindyMac51
    MindyMac51 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Now take it easy, let yourself heal, and follow your dr.'s plan. You'll be dropping the weight and feeling better soon!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear that all went very well other than the time setback which is minor. Glad you are at home resting and getting stronger with each day to come. I can't wait to watch this stage of your journey unfold. Feel better soon. :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations and keep us posted with your progress and some details of your post surgery experience. I am about six weeks away!

Rob
  • jomamacita7
    jomamacita7 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Wooo hooo! I'm excited for you and can't wait to do it myself! I'm just waiting to hear about my insurance approval then we set a date! So glad things went smoothly for you!
  • kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that everything went well for you! :happy:
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    That's great! Glad it all went well and you are home and recovering.
  • shrinkingmags
    shrinkingmags Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is awesome:)Glad everything went smooth other then the pain killers. I cant wait to get my surgery:)
  • brendanewstart2014
    Options
    Just did mine 9/17, so am a few days out. Good luck with everything!