Feeding the training

Options
Just looking for other thoughts and opinions. I pretty much hit my protein (1g per lb of LBM) and fat macros daily (based on TDEE without exercise) regardless of what training I've done that day or week. Any excess calories I eat tend to be all carbs - whether fruit, breads/pasta or "treats" - up to (and somtimes, but rarely, over) my daily calorie goals. Any thoughts or comments? I just don't see any additional benefit to eating additional fat or protein when it's already set at recommended levels for active individuals.

Replies

• cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    hmm.. i tend to overeat so i would take this advice with a grain of salt. i haven't lost much weight training for an oly this year (about 10 pounds - which is great, but not much considering the amount of exercise i do). but i think with a TDEE plan you are supposed to include exercise. i think that is kinda the whole idea -- to balance out your deficit over a week rather than day by day. i favored this while training because the deficit i would create on some days would have been near impossible to balance out, and this is coming from a seriously hungry person who has no problem eating 3K calories in a day (hence, why i'm overweight!). but then rest days would come after several hard workout days and i would be starving, but my caloric allowance would be like 1600 calories, which wouldn't work for me once training picked up. so the TDEE plan smoothed all that out. is there a reason why you have calculated your TDEE without exercise? sorry if i just misread your post.

for me, fueling was far more important while tri training than i ever could have imagined. though i haven't lost a ton of weight, i have made some real (positive) changes to my diet that will stick. i'm hoping after training is over (my race is sunday!) i can go back to a regular deficit and drop some me weight in the off-season.