Day 33, August 21

Options
ronercat
ronercat Posts: 273 Member
Happy Thursday to all of you out there.

Today is going to be a good day, I can feel it. Tonight after work I have basketball and right now I am preparing everything at work so it'll be good to go without me next week. Next week my friends and I are heading up to Yellowstone for a long weekend. It is a yearly trip for us and I am always excited for it. I will be able to get my exercise in since we will be hiking and also doing some swimming at firehole so that will be nice. I know Nancy is going to Dubai (sounds like a lot of fun). Do any of the rest of you have interesting plans for the last week of August? Doesn't have to be a vacation, just something you are looking forward to doing.

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting us started, Zac! Yellowstone and Dubai? NICE. Wow, I don't know which I would love to see more.

I don't have any plans, but you've got me thinking. Maybe time to start planning something fun for summer's last hurrah. Will have to sit down with Jim tonight and maybe figure something out for labor day weekend.

This afternoon I have a paint date with my neighbors' kids, 3 and 6 year old girls. They're coming over to paint flowers in the studio, and of course we'll have to get out the glitter and ribbons, because well because. :-)

I don't know what happened to our sunny forecast. aaarrghhh!!!! RAIN again!!! But rain or shine, I'll get in the lake today and have a long swim again.

Hope everyone is well. Looking forward to hearing about your summer's last hurrah!
    K.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I will desperately be trying to get all this work done while reassuring them that their projects will be completed on time (mostly) being pissy that I can't go out for a ride because theirs not time and the front light on my bike broke which makes evening rides impossible.

Please clients, stop emailing with last moment jobs.....
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Karen, that paint date sounds like fun. Well all except for the glitter. Like the comedian said, glitter is the herpes of craft supplies. Once you get exposed you can never get rid of it. It finds its way everywhere and if you touch someone with your glittery hand, they are also now infected.

Pat, good luck with all of the projects. It doesn't sound like a ton of fun, but hopefully the money you get from it will help make it a bit better haha.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Karen, that paint date sounds like fun. Well all except for the glitter. Like the comedian said, glitter is the herpes of craft supplies. Once you get exposed you can never get rid of it. It finds its way everywhere and if you touch someone with your glittery hand, they are also now infected.

Pat, good luck with all of the projects. It doesn't sound like a ton of fun, but hopefully the money you get from it will help make it a bit better haha.

My other neighbor's son, 7-year-old Skippy McGrape, is now joining us, so we've added camo and penguin duck tape and truck and bug stickers to the craft pile. I love glitter! I love finding it everywhere, like when it falls out of my bra at the end of the day, Hahahahaha! Jim, not so much. He can't quite understand the whole craft thing or why I need so many supplies. But Google eyes are very hip right now.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I need to figure out how to post photos again, so I just changed my profile pic to one of Skippy and Lily painting in the studio today. What a fun time!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Well half of the boudoir album is done and onto finishing the event flyer. Maybe I will just say f*it and go for a bike ride at 5:30. Then I can come home get the flyer proof off and either start the retouch job, finish the album or start the poster design. Only three more projects after that.

My favorite is my old university asking if I can do a lecture series poster and have it done by the 25th and then a few days later calling and say "oh we need a website for it as well by september 1st." Oh goody, 5 days for a website.

I definitely need a ride especially since the person who was suppose to go with me today baled out last night. Apparently prepping for a job interview is more important then my needs.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good evening my friends. It has been a hot one here in St. Louis (a normal summer day but considering the beautiful temps we've been enjoying we got spoiled). Heat indexes were in the 110's. Yuck. I knew it was going to be bad when I took Daisy outside at 6 a.m. and you could have cut the air with a knife. It literally took my breath away.

Karen, it looks like you guys had an awesome time with your crafts. That's one of the things I miss about teaching my kiddos is the arts and crafts. Oh and don't get me started on glitter......love it!! Btw, loved reading your erotic Bigfoot. Would really be interested in reading the completed book. You definitely have a way with words.

No summer's last hurrah for us. Michael's surgery is scheduled for tomorrow so that's how we'll finish the summer off. I'm so jealous of the travels to Yellowstone and Dubai. They sound so fun.

Pat, I'm so sorry that your clients are being so demanding and overwhelming. Five days for a website?!? That's ridiculous!! How could they even ask that? Like you have nothing else to do, right? Try to find a little time for yourself even if it's just a short bike ride. It'll help clear your mind.

Dee, sweating to death in the Lou where the air conditioning hasn't shut off for the last hour
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Dee I feel your humidity.....today is should be 75% and 110 F ! WE live indoors with the AC 100% of the time!

Pat....obvsiously your clients know you do TOP NOTCH work.....giving you such short deadlines....they know you can do it...not that it helps make things better, but you are great at what you do!! GO FOR that bike ride!! Take some 'me' time, even if it is just a short one.....we all need some 'me' time to clear our heads of stuff!

Zac....I LOVE Yellowstone! I am so jealous!! There is so much about being outdoors, hiking and swimming in what mother nature has created!!! I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends!!!

Karen.....glitter??? As pretty as it is....I can only envison what it would be like to have a table with glitter set out and 9 cats walking around on it....they would all be GLITERIZED!!! Of course.....the princess of the lot may be ok with it on........what do you guys think???? A bit over the top??? LOL

7a158f9a-fc04-4769-8d0a-07c574be6231_zps4d6d2ef9.jpg
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Nancy, the princess is stunning even without the jewels, but I must admit I do love a cat in a tiara!

Dee, good to hear that Ferguson is settling down a bit. Good luck with Michael's surgery.

Pat, I hope you got your ride in!

I'm up late reading. Need to pop out to the studio to unclip all the drying paintings and bring them in. I took a tumble on the slippery wet deck this evening, not a hard enough fall to break anything but enough to knock my wind out and leave me crying like a baby and miss my swim. I know once I lose weight, I'll have more joint flexibility and won't fall so frequently. Or maybe I will--I've always been accident prone--but I won't have such a hard time getting back up! Grrrrr. At least I didn't fall into a pile of glitter!

Night all!

K.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Well I must have been more annoyed then I though because I didn't top at 30 min or an hour, I just kept going. I was pissed off for about 7 miles of it before my mood began to change and now I am too tired to be in any particular mood which is what I was hoping for. It was a very slow ride till my mood improved and then it went a lot better.

I'm glad I decided to go. No clients have died, no one has emailed in distress so it looks like I got away with it.

Thanks everyone. It's just one of those weeks whenever everyone comes out of the wood works at once.

2v9u1li.jpg
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Wow, what a view for your ride!!!!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Pat...just gorgeous scenery!!! So happy to hear you got your ride in!!

I just did some calculations and converted Centigrade to Farh....and the temperature yesterday was 118 F (47.8 C) !!!!!! I KNEW it was HOT...when I got in the car at 3PM to go home!! OMG!!! There is a wind out now...but a hot wind!!! Have a great night all!! I am staying indoors...after I went into town to stock up on groceries for the week!! I think this is called 'reverse hybernation'....doing it in the summer!! lol