so close

Options
Skittles2183
Skittles2183 Posts: 1,587 Member
I am just so close to being out of 300. one day I saw my scale say 304, today it says 311. I keep going up and down. I was doing so good and now I just am slipping more and more each day. I can't even tell you the last time I was out of 300. I don't even know if it was in HS or not. But I am sick of seeing a 3 at the beginning. Today I am taking back control and I am moving on. I am going to be out of 300. I'm not giving my self a time limit. just one day I will wake up and see 299. and I know we can all do this. we work hard and we fall but we have to get back up. remember why you are doing this. what you have done because I have done 2 5k races and I was able to ride water slides this week. I haven't been able to do that in years. and I am not going to stop. i am going to keep going. so who is with me? who is going to keep going and get out of 300 once and for all?

Replies

• shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You will be there before you know it! And I'm a big fan of not putting my body on a timeline. As long as I'm making the right decisions I know it will come off eventually. I know how you feel though. I really wanted to hit 50lbs by my birthday next Sunday but I don't think I'll make it. I finally got through my month long plateau and got to 45lbs (I was stick at 37-40)...one thing that made me feel better is I went to Costco and picked up 2-20# bags of potatoes to see how far I've come. You should go try to hold 3 for 5 min. You are doing so fantastic and we will both be to the next phase very soon!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Focus on what has been working and eventually your weight will start with a 2! You've got this!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    thanks. today I did do 90 mins of working out. I just have to take it one day at a time
  • Ceratopsy
    Ceratopsy Posts: 2,100 Member
    Options
    Your mindset is great and I am always inspired when I see all the workouts you post : ) I totally get it though, right now I am at my lowest weight in 5 years and I am so close to being under 300 that it makes me panic. I am in unknown territory and I am feeling like one little bite or one day of missed workout is going to send me spiraling out of control. I keep coming back to MFP to settle my brain and remind myself that I only need to worry about today. I think if we can all just look at the positive we will make it through!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Your mindset is great and I am always inspired when I see all the workouts you post : ) I totally get it though, right now I am at my lowest weight in 5 years and I am so close to being under 300 that it makes me panic. I am in unknown territory and I am feeling like one little bite or one day of missed workout is going to send me spiraling out of control. I keep coming back to MFP to settle my brain and remind myself that I only need to worry about today. I think if we can all just look at the positive we will make it through!

your very right, I always sabotage my self, and i did the last few days. so I am taking back control. and as of today I have it. but I'm just going to worry about today. I also make my self nuts and give my self time limits and I think thats where I mess up, so I don't have a time limit but I do have a mini goal of being out of 300.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It will happen! But time frames suck cause if you miss, double the pressure; not only do you still weigh what you don't want to but you failed to accomplish something important to you. So back on track for all of us!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I think I was sabotaging my self, I keep planing this 5 lb up and down game, so I really need to take control of it. so this week I am making all my meals and weight them all out. and I'm trying my best to stay away from sugar. because I been snacking on sweets and its not good.
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get really close to a major goal, my weight goes everywhere... I'm not sure if my body is fighting it or if I'm just so anxious about how it will feel or what I will do to maintain that goal... It's scary, and I quit and gain the weight back. I successfully stayed at/under my goal weight this last time, by making it my goal to maintain my weight right above that goal (since I was plateauing there anyway) and THEN trying again to lose. Play with it a little if you have to, but you WILL beat whatever is going on with your body/mind!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean Skittles! I feel like I've been in the low 300's for ages. I can't wait til I see my weight starting with a 2. You will be there soon, don't worry!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean Skittles! I feel like I've been in the low 300's for ages. I can't wait til I see my weight starting with a 2. You will be there soon, don't worry!

thanks girl, I don't know if in the back of my mind I am scared or what, so I'm not going to think about it. I'm just going to keep going. I know what works for me and what doesn't. I need to keep that in mind, and I know how I feel when I eat something I shouldn't. so today is going to be a good day.
  • LadyNiteOwl
    LadyNiteOwl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am with you Skittles!! I have been gaining and losing (yo-yoing ) for most of my adult life. I recently came back to MFP and joined this group. TOGETHER, ALL of US will be in the 2's soon. We just need to stay focused, motivate and support each other.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I am with you Skittles!! I have been gaining and losing (yo-yoing ) for most of my adult life. I recently came back to MFP and joined this group. TOGETHER, ALL of US will be in the 2's soon. We just need to stay focused, motivate and support each other.

your right, I know I can't do this alone, and I'm so thankful I have MFP to come to when I need to vent, or just happy, or whatever is on my mind, because there are others out here just like me who are doing it.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It's scary to not have the weight to hide behind or push the world away. Being obese has been a defense mechanism for me for so long, I get very anxious thinking about having to cope differently. What if crappy things keep happening even though I lose the weight? What's to blame then? Or who? When I get stuck thinking like this, I have to remind myself that staying obese hurts more than facing my problems. And how awesome it feels to break that 300 lb point. You all have such an amazing day waiting for you when it happens. I cried and then bragged to just about everyone. Can't wait for you to share your's.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I gained some weight on my cruise so I am now 310, but I am going to get it off. I want to be out of 300 before the end of the year.
  • carrieann8
    carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just started a motivational thread on 300-400 Pound Club to "race" to the 200's. If you want to play, come on over. I need some help myself staying motivated and seeing that 2 is the most motivating thing I can think of right now.
  • LadyNiteOwl
    LadyNiteOwl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I gained some weight on my cruise so I am now 310, but I am going to get it off. I want to be out of 300 before the end of the year.

It was a cruise and I'm sure you had a great time. Now you can start fresh. Please do not beat yourself up for gaining on your vacation.Skittles, you will be in the 2's before 2015 arrives!!! I have faith in you:)
  • Skittles2183
    Options

It was a cruise and I'm sure you had a great time. Now you can start fresh. Please do not beat yourself up for gaining on your vacation.Skittles, you will be in the 2's before 2015 arrives!!! I have faith in you:)

Thank you, beating my self up is one of many things I am working on. as time goes on it is not just about losing weight. today I am on track with everything, How is everyone else doing?