No Proper Entry for Bacon in the Database!

Options
MikeEnRegalia
MikeEnRegalia Posts: 110 Member
Isn't that interesting? I had to create it today - look for "Full Data - Bacon, raw". It has the proper fatty acid entries. :glasses:

Replies

• Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,310 Member
    Options
    Did you take into consideration that the cooked numbers will be different?
  • MikeEnRegalia
    Options
    Did you take into consideration that the cooked numbers will be different?

Sure, that's why I named it "Bacon, raw". It's generally easier to weigh the bacon in its raw state ... :wink:
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    It's a hard one, because all brands and types are different, depending on who makes it, what type it is, how much fat/sugar etc. It's like having an entry for "bread" when there are so many variables (yes, I know bread's the devil, haven't had a slice in 3 years).
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,310 Member
    Options
    LOL, that wasn't quite the way I meant that comment.
  • MikeEnRegalia
    Options
    It's a hard one, because all brands and types are different, depending on who makes it, what type it is, how much fat/sugar etc. It's like having an entry for "bread" when there are so many variables (yes, I know bread's the devil, haven't had a slice in 3 years).

Sugared bacon? Not in my fridge ...

I think the only variable of major importance is the amount of fat - but maybe we shouldn't be that obsessive about details. One reason for creating the entry is that most people don't know that the fat in bacon (and lard, for that matter) is mostly monounsaturated.