Things to Say to Yourself to Stay Losing

arguablysamson
arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
There is no doubt about it; there are times when you must mentally rehearse what to say to yourself as you are tempted to jump ship on your eating adjustments. This is true no matter how one is losing, but these are tailored for OMADers. I have said to myself the following and find them indispensable.

"Yes, it would be awesome to eat right now, but now is not the time for eating. When the window opens, you'll be able to dig in."

"I knew going in that this required sacrifice, and since eating when I want has always resulted in metabolic/waistline disaster, we eat only when it is time, and now is NOT that time."

"We don't sell out the big dream for a small, menial desire. We won't sell out our health for the short-term desire of a pleasant taste."

"Hunger is a normal part of the eating cycle, and it always will be. Now is not the time to eat. Now is the time to be hungry. When the window opens, it will be time again. Eating only inside the window is what is best for us."

"Wanting is better than having."

"This is what we do! We eat once a day! So no, we don't eat until the appointed time! And now is NOT that time!"

And all of these things are true. No need to mull over them like some creepy chant in a fly-by-night self-help course. You just pull them up and think of them. They make sense. And once the truths behind them are recalled, they add strength to the will.

Replies

• paomiamifl
    paomiamifl Posts: 61 Member
    Mine is "don't eat today, what you can eat tomorrow!"
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good Advice!!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I'm going to do it!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Very good Joe! I've used variations on all of these at one time or another. They all do the trick.
    Another I use is;
    "The small sacrifice I make now will help make my meal later on taste all the better"
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I had all but forgotten about this old thread! lol
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I had all but forgotten about this old thread! lol

Well I brought it back because it has some very useful information that I thought some people could use :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    to fall in love with the fasted state is what I do to keep me going I focus on the awesomeness of it, how my joints ligaments feel... how my energy is high mind clear etc.