Can you feed a baby too much?

Options
trinatrina1984
trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
Hey moms! I started weaning my 7 month old son recently. We are giving him puree / mashed food as he finds it difficult to keep hold of fruit and veg - he just started eating a rusk by himself yesterday. Anyway my question is can you feed a baby too much? I'm giving him primarily fruit and veg ((banana, avacado, potatos, peas etc) he just ate a sweet potato about half the size of his head. I kept taking little breaks for water but he wanted to keep going, I guess we will see if it all comes up again but I don't want to be over feeding him.

Any advices?

Replies

• meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think as long as he is still nursing a lot (like every 3-4 hours during the day), it should be fine! They still should be getting their primary nourishment from breastmilk at that age, but as long as they are, I wouldn't hold back on how much solids to give. My youngest was quite a piggy when it came to solids! She could really pack it away! But she was also nursing frequently. Hope that helps!
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Thanks, he's still having milk regularly so will keep feeding him as much as he wants and we'll see how we go.
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Give that baby something with fat in it! It is more satiating.