Intros

Options
StephanieL14
StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
I'm Steph! I'm home on mat leave with my almost 3 month old son. I was 145 lbs just before getting pregnant (although my "normal" was around 150 for the longest time) and was 193 lbs at my heaviest just before the baby was born. I'm hoping to lose the baby weight and then some. I've been walking every day and doing work out videos. I had good success with the 30 Day Shred and I'm looking forward to good results with Ripped in 30!

Age - 28
Height - 5'4
Starting Weight - 153 lbs

Replies

• Cbanjo
    Cbanjo Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Ronke and l just love working out in group, It helps to motivate me and keep me on the right track without losing focus. I never realised how big l had become until l went for an event in May and someone took my photograph and then gave me the picture later. I nearly fainted because l just couldn't believe it was me in the photo.

I was very down and almost getting depressed until l found out about video workouts and then decided to give it a go and bingo, l enjoyed it and since then, l do at least three dvds a day. I have two children and one of then is a teenager.

Age- 46
    Staring weight- 159.6lbs
    Height- 5'3
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Just joined MFP the other night and am trying to stick with more routinely exercising and eating healthier past a month. In the past I've been great for a month, lost weight, saw results, and then just stopped. But I'm hoping that with being a bridesmaid in a wedding next year and the hope of coming off blood pressure meds with significant loss it'll be more of a motivator. I bought a trio of Jillian Michael's DVD's off groupon well over a year ago and only got up to taking off the wrapper. Joining challenges/groups will definitely help with my accountability.

Good luck to everybody!

31, SW: 180 GW: 130
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi All.

I am starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow - and I am counting down to a birthday beach trip - in 30 as well! Other than my daily work-outs, I have a mostly sedentary day; I work from home from my reclining couch, lol (headset, laptop & all!) My evenings are spent transporting my 2 teens to various club meetings & practices. I am definitely not on top of my game fitness-wise, so I am not sure how well I will do on day 1 (or 2 or 3 for that matter!)

Good luck to us all!
  • dangiusedtobesohealthy
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I finished the 30 day shred about August 20. I really enjoyed it and look forward to starting ripped. I was going to start today, but I've already fallen off my wagon today. I was on vacation last week, and though I put on a LOT of miles on my bike, I changed back to bad dietary habits (mainly, sugar). Maintained my weight, but I awoke today craving sugar, and I gave in. Big time. And I have lots of little household to-dos that will prevent me from working out. So I'll start it tomorrow and I look forward to working with you all.

I've got 10 pounds to go before my class reunion, then probably need at least another 5 to be "healthy." Not a huge bridge to cross, but if I can't turn off this sugar problem, the challenge will be insurmountable.

For now, I'm off to tackle multiple loads of laundry, and try to get fully hydrated (last couple of days I took in more beer than water!). Tomorrow, we RIP!

Sharon
  • mskayanderson
    mskayanderson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm Kay

I am 36 years old and a full-time mum to 3 boys aged 10, 7, 4 and a girl aged 2. I also have a cavapoo puppy and 4 hens :-)

I started to slowly gain weight over last 18months and had not done any exercise in 4 years. I decided to do 30 day shred on my sisters recommendation and completed it on 30th August. Started Ripped this morning. I only have 7lb to loose but a lot of fitness to gain. The ultimate aim is to do a tough mudder with my partner next summer. We do the dvds together and love it!!
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, Kay and Sharon! Good luck with the program. Hopefully we all get awesome results!