Questions/Advice

Options
Karebear581
Karebear581 Posts: 50 Member
A question was asked along the lines of how do you eat your limit of calories so that arent still feeling hungry?

Here is my advice: I usually tell people to make every calorie count. Load up on fruits and veggies. They are lower in calories and great fillers. You will find that the fast foods are higher in calories and your extra 500 calories will go by fast. Fast foods are empty calories. No real nutritional value. What you want is fruits, veggies, whole/multi grains, least processed meats. Low amounts of dairy. LO do not process them well. Go for yogurt and when you can, use goat milk and cheese instead of cow. I hope that helps.

Replies

• BethlovesRene
    BethlovesRene Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Also making sure to not "drink" your calories- i.e. juices, sodas, sugary drinks makes a big difference for me. Complex carbs and lean proteins also help in keeping me full
  • raphireed
    Options
    Good advice! I try to space out my calories so I can have a big dinner. 7 am - noon: 25% of my calories. Noon - 5 pm: 25% of my calories. 5 pm - 10 pm: 50% of my calories.
  • Karebear581
    Karebear581 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's good to break it up throughout the day. I think the experts would say it's better to have a larger breakfast, but i think if you are at least eating well throughout the day you at least wont binge at dinner time. I usually eat 3 main meals and 2-4 snacks throughout the day. Dinner usually winds up being my biggest meal as well. I think that is just the American way.
  • raphireed
    Options
    Yeah, if I have a big breakfast I ALWAYS eat big the rest of the day. My will power decreases as the day goes on. I do make sure my breakfast has protein, fiber, and carbs...and maybe a little caffeine. ;)
  • serenity1416
    Options
    This may not fit here, but is there any way to see this group from the app? I rarely get a chance to get on my actual computer =/
  • raphireed
    Options
    I don't think so. :/ I have to open it in a web browser on my iPhone.