today

Options
eviebee03
eviebee03 Posts: 101 Member
Today was a yuck day for me... however I ate within my calories, and exercised. Something I wouldnt have done a few months ago. And I tried a new type of chocolate which I loveeee but managed to only have 2 squares (half a serving 12.5 grams) which felt kinda good. Now have homemade paleo bread in the oven, which I may eat a slice of later if I feel like it... I have enough calories left to if I want too :) so yeah ... I think its progress!!! That I didnt totally over eat and still exercised... :) anyone had a yuck week or good week?

Replies

• 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT Evie! Portion control and accountability are just two of the things that I LOVE about MFP!

Overall, I'm having a pretty good week.

On the down side, both of my feet continue to bother me - but my left foot pain is now starting to get serious. Maybe it's in my head, but I swear I can feel my inflamed nerve move when I walk barefoot (which I shouldn't be doing anyway). I continue to fight the good fight by icing my feet before I do my walks.

On the positive side, I feel like I'm making progress improving my cycling technique. It could be in my head, but I seem to be a little better climbing the small hills that I'm climbing. Of course I haven't climbed any real challenging hills yet, but at least I'm focusing on my climbing skills and my overall technique. If I can push 265 pounds up the hills I've been climbing, I can't wait to see once I'm at my final goal weight (147)!!! I've only made modest increases in my overall speed, but it's more important that I focus on technique and climbing - because solid technique and climbing are what's going to make an Ironman out of me!

Beginning today I'm going to start adding in some jogging into my walking. My plan is to jog for 30 seconds, then walk for 5 minutes and repeat until I'm finished. I'm adding in some more stretches to do before and after my walks so I (hopefully) will stay injury free. I swore I wouldn't run until I was under 200 pounds (because I'm SO afraid of injury), but I know the only way to meet my goals is to start running at some point. I figure as long as I continue to strength train and stretch properly (both before and after I walk) there shouldn't be any harm in adding a little jogging into my walks. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it! Hopefully there won't be too many people out when I'm trying to jog, for the way my "moobs" shake it's pretty embarrassing. But, I figure that if they remember me and my "moobs" bouncing today that maybe they'll remember me a few months from now when I'll have slimmed down quite a bit.

Good luck, everyone!

And like Jillian Michaels once said "The past does not define you, the present does."
  • kspenglermoore
    kspenglermoore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Marty, "moobs".... too funny....
    Here is what my skinny hubby (at 44 he is 6' at 170 lbs after loosing 40 lbs he gained from inactivity after 2 surgeries - the first time in his life that he ever was heavy) says when he sees heavy guys/girls at the gym: "At least they are doing something about it"...... keep in mind we go to a gym owned by the US Army and you would think there would be more skinny people there, but no there are not!!!!!
    So when you are out there running (or trying to) say to yourself: I am doing something about my moobs!!!!!!

The same goes for Evie, you exercised, ate within budget.... you should be excited for sticking with the plan!!!!!..... remember one day at a time and it took you awhile to accumulate the "rolls" and it should take you awhile to loose them.....

The way I look at it is that we are on the journey to a better body and the main parts is not to give up!!!! Mishaps/bad days yes they will happen, but as long as we keep going towards that long term goal we are winning.!!!!!!

So heads up and keep going.... you are winning!!!!!
  • eviebee03
    eviebee03 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Awwwww u 2 r 2 awesome! Marty, I am so sorry about ur feet. R u seeing the foot guy soon? That sounds so difficult to deal with. Have u thought about maybe cuttng down the exercise and focusing on the eating side till u can see the foot man at least? I dunno. I really want u to be ok!
    Moor, ur right. Moobs is a good term.... I love how supportive ur husbamd is of bigger people! Thats awesome!

Ive decidd to not weigh in for 2 weeks... just ignore the scales and go on how I feel. I finished my first week of c25k. So that feels pretty amazing... so yeah. Got a bit off track this weekend, but its a lifestyle change NOT a diet. .. but thats ok... its all good. Im gunna be back on track tomorrow and feel alot better about myself when km eating good. Thanks for all ur support. :D I hope u are all doing really really well. Im so proud of everyone in this group!