Eat to Perform

Options
I just started the Eat to Perform program today. Looking for other members that need support through my Fitness pal along with using the forum on the Eat To Perform website

Replies

• chickiboom
    chickiboom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just found this and wanted to check in with you on the results you've had with Eat to Perform. I've been doing CrossFit since April and am ready to try to take it to the next level, by cleaning up/fixing diet and trying to increase strength.
  • rh0322
    rh0322 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just found this group as well and just started etp. I don't do cross fit but small personal training with foucus on strength and metabolic training. Functional and hiit like cross fit. Looking for same goals.
  • lilflower71
    lilflower71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined ETP and hope by posting here you all will find me. Not sure how to link my account with my ETP account
  • chickiboom
    Options
    I just joined ETP on Monday, and in the survey linked in Step 1, it asks for your My Fitness Pal URL. I'm looking forward to getting this going!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey all... I started with ETP last year and long story, I didn't have the patience or time at the time to put in what is needed for that program. I went from the standard 1200-1600 cals to eating well above 2000 and packed on the lbs in 2 weeks. ...like 20lbs. Freaked me the hell out so I dropped it.
    Started back there a few weeks ago and the same thing happened. gained about 10. but it's starting to come off.
    I can't say I love it honestly. ...
    I have always been pretty low carb with the exception of the occasional...like 1x a month.. Mexican fiesta. So last year when I started with them and they wanted me to eat 300g of carbs out of the gate... well. We know where the lbs came from.
    Start out SLOW. I would say even slower than what they want.
    My issue with ETP is that you have a few different people telling you what to do and sometimes they contradict. OR don't jive with one another.
    I previously had a coach there tell me to eat a cereal like lucky charms before bed to keep my insulin high thru the night. Physiologically made no sense to me. ... But I put my trust in them and it failed to some degree.
    So, prior to starting back(because eating 1500 cals a day wasn't working anymore)... I had my metabolism tested...RMR test. and a Dexascan,... and a VO2 Max test. To see where everything was at. Now those numbers are not perfect. But they are not estimates.
    I am 40 years old and I KNOW that I do not burn 2600 cals a day like ETP would say I do. I am lucky to get to 2200 on non workout days and 2600+ on gym days. hiking I can get to 3000 burn but that is not regularly occurring in the winter.
    Anyway.
    I say all that to say this... I was looking for fellow ETPers to bounce info off of. ...
    I do workout. I do Crossfit. But it is not fire-breather crazy crossfit. It is "beginner" level. So, that activity level for me would be a max of moderate.
    My goal is to lose FAT.
    Im surprise there aren't more people on here.. guess they all go to their forum.
    So...here's the dealio.. and my question to y'all.....

Reposted from my mfp home page.... I have been following ETP for a few weeks. Been talking to coaches on their forum. At first I gained. Partly from Christmas goodies... partly from increasing cals per their info. I have set MACROS of 100gC, 180gP, 86gF.... 1845 cals. Some days I hit it close to those numbers. some days I am up or down on whatever... My question is... is it REALLY that important to be sooo very exact on Macros... or is ballpark enough. I have lost a few lbs in the last week. And credit the workouts and the eating. Some days I am starving, some days I don't think I will make the goals. And honestly... some days I am just over the weighing and counting every little thing. How do you manage? I am not seeking a pro athlete body. I just want to get rid of 40lbs of belly and thigh fat.... and I enjoy my workouts. Sometimes I feel like they are a little ... strict when it comes to consistency requirements. .. I am not a pro, a competitor. model or anything of the like. I just want to lose weight and maintain my workouts.. HELP!!! Advice?

eta:
    http://www.forum.eattoperform.com/threads/newbie-dialing-in-and-getting-started-help.11184/page-7#post-450955
  • jkrunning
    jkrunning Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, found this forum, although it looks pretty vacant!! Just wondered how it was going. I just got my numbers, and like you, I find them very high to achieve what I want, which is to lose fat. These seem on par to maintain in my opinion.
    I was reading the ETP website and forum's and it looks like the Wave method is recommended for those like you and me that may want to lose fat. It is done in intervals with eating regular macro's. I just posted a question to the forum to see more of how it works and how to find those numbers.
  • chickiboom
    Options
    I hope we can get more activity soon! I'm still trying to get everything figured out! Are you part of the ETP MEAL PLANNING GROUP Facebook group?
  • VPalmateer
    VPalmateer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Alright folks let get this puppy rolling.
  • ETPPaul
    ETPPaul Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware this existed. Let's see what we can do about getting more activity rolling.
  • kamb65
    kamb65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, newbie here. Joined beginning of December but just really started. Getting ready to finish week 1. Eating part still working the kinks out on, started working out again and have a plan. Annoying stuff is I have some issues (back, neck, hand numbness) that suck and seem to be impeding the workouts (as simple as they may be). Will see how things go from here.
  • Icycajun
    Icycajun Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just joined ETP and hope by posting here you all will find me. Not sure how to link my account with my ETP account

In your profile settings, there's a link that you can grab to add to your Signature in the ETP Forum. Or, you can just grab the URL on your browser from your MFP home page.

Stephanie
    ETP Meal Planning Team
    Coach I
  • Icycajun
    Options
    Hey all... I started with ETP last year and long story, I didn't have the patience or time at the time to put in what is needed for that program. I went from the standard 1200-1600 cals to eating well above 2000 and packed on the lbs in 2 weeks. ...like 20lbs. Freaked me the hell out so I dropped it.
    Started back there a few weeks ago and the same thing happened. gained about 10. but it's starting to come off.
    I can't say I love it honestly. ...
    I have always been pretty low carb with the exception of the occasional...like 1x a month.. Mexican fiesta. So last year when I started with them and they wanted me to eat 300g of carbs out of the gate... well. We know where the lbs came from.
    Start out SLOW. I would say even slower than what they want.
    My issue with ETP is that you have a few different people telling you what to do and sometimes they contradict. OR don't jive with one another.
    I previously had a coach there tell me to eat a cereal like lucky charms before bed to keep my insulin high thru the night. Physiologically made no sense to me. ... But I put my trust in them and it failed to some degree.
    So, prior to starting back(because eating 1500 cals a day wasn't working anymore)... I had my metabolism tested...RMR test. and a Dexascan,... and a VO2 Max test. To see where everything was at. Now those numbers are not perfect. But they are not estimates.
    I am 40 years old and I KNOW that I do not burn 2600 cals a day like ETP would say I do. I am lucky to get to 2200 on non workout days and 2600+ on gym days. hiking I can get to 3000 burn but that is not regularly occurring in the winter.
    Anyway.
    I say all that to say this... I was looking for fellow ETPers to bounce info off of. ...
    I do workout. I do Crossfit. But it is not fire-breather crazy crossfit. It is "beginner" level. So, that activity level for me would be a max of moderate.
    My goal is to lose FAT.
    Im surprise there aren't more people on here.. guess they all go to their forum.
    So...here's the dealio.. and my question to y'all.....

Reposted from my mfp home page.... I have been following ETP for a few weeks. Been talking to coaches on their forum. At first I gained. Partly from Christmas goodies... partly from increasing cals per their info. I have set MACROS of 100gC, 180gP, 86gF.... 1845 cals. Some days I hit it close to those numbers. some days I am up or down on whatever... My question is... is it REALLY that important to be sooo very exact on Macros... or is ballpark enough. I have lost a few lbs in the last week. And credit the workouts and the eating. Some days I am starving, some days I don't think I will make the goals. And honestly... some days I am just over the weighing and counting every little thing. How do you manage? I am not seeking a pro athlete body. I just want to get rid of 40lbs of belly and thigh fat.... and I enjoy my workouts. Sometimes I feel like they are a little ... strict when it comes to consistency requirements. .. I am not a pro, a competitor. model or anything of the like. I just want to lose weight and maintain my workouts.. HELP!!! Advice?

eta:
    http://www.forum.eattoperform.com/threads/newbie-dialing-in-and-getting-started-help.11184/page-7#post-450955

Not sure that an ETP Coach would ever advise jumping straight into target macros, most especially carbs right out of the gate. That's not how we coach!!

The recommendation is always reverse dieting...easing into your targets with only small calorie bumps each week. Hopefully, you're working with a coach in the ETP Forum and are experiencing results now. Yes, it is very important to be hitting your target macros (weekly workup macros if you haven't yet reached your target TDEE).

Stephanie
    ETP Meal Planning Team
    Coach I
  • Icycajun
    Options
    jkrunning wrote: »
    Hey, found this forum, although it looks pretty vacant!! Just wondered how it was going. I just got my numbers, and like you, I find them very high to achieve what I want, which is to lose fat. These seem on par to maintain in my opinion.
    I was reading the ETP website and forum's and it looks like the Wave method is recommended for those like you and me that may want to lose fat. It is done in intervals with eating regular macro's. I just posted a question to the forum to see more of how it works and how to find those numbers.

We don't recommend PFFL until you have been eating at your target TDEE for at least 3 months. Your body needs time to adjust to the new intake. If you are coming to ETP from a restricted eating background, especially carbs, you definitely want to work up SLOWLY ...small calorie bumps each week.

Get what you paid for by visiting the ETP Forum and chatting with a coach!

Stephanie
    Meal Planning Team
    Coach I
  • Icycajun
    Options
    chickiboom wrote: »
    I hope we can get more activity soon! I'm still trying to get everything figured out! Are you part of the ETP MEAL PLANNING GROUP Facebook group?

I am!! LOL ;)

Stephanie
    ETP Meal Planning Team
    Coach I
  • Icycajun
    Options
    VPalmateer wrote: »
    Alright folks let get this puppy rolling.

I'm all over it!! Let's do this!

Steph
  • Icycajun
    Options
    ETPPaul wrote: »
    I wasn't aware this existed. Let's see what we can do about getting more activity rolling.

I'm on it!
  • Mcarnaha
    Mcarnaha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! This is my second week with ETP. I am 35 y/u 5'2.5" :) and weighed between 126-127 when I started. I have gained about 1 lb since I started, but I have heard that can happen the first week until your body adjusts to the increase in carbs. I am trusting the process and hanging in there to hopefully see the results that I have been working on for most of my life. I goal is lose fat and gain muscle and improve my strength. I am soooo excited about eating more carbs and I feel like my body is loving it! I am up to 215 carbs from 190 last week so I ate a buckwheat waffle, egg whites, and turkey sausage for lunch and felt no guilt what so ever about it. Oh, I do Crossfit 5-6 times a week in my garage gym and try to run at least twice a week if I can fit it in. Can't wait to hear about everyone's ongoing experience with ETP!
  • healthykino
    healthykino Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just started, hope to be chatting with you all throughout my journey too!!!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    scale keeps going up...I keep getting more discouraged, getting pretty sick of the suggestions to eat rice crispy squares, pre-fab foods in boxes and supplements. I am out ETP!!