NO Late Night Snacking September 2014

Options
BACK FOR SEPTEMBER! Hope to see some joiners!!! :happy:

"Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

We're usually fixing a cut-off time, past which only non-caloric things are allowed (unsweetened tea or water). Yet, we're not that strict: you may allow yourself a handful of almonds, if you're able to stop at that. Figure out what fits you and start counting... .

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

Replies

• mrJRamos
    Options
    I'm in - thanks for starting up again!

Peace,
    Jeff :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I'm in - thanks for starting up again!

Peace,
    Jeff :smile:

You're welcome. It's motivation for me, too. :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 1

ME: 1*
    LNS: 0
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept 1:

Me: 0
    LNS: 1

:noway:

Boo-Hoo!

Jeff
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    September 2:

I did it tonight!!!

Peace,
    Jeff :happy:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 3

ME: 3*
    The Binge: 0
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    September 2:

I did it tonight!!!

Peace,

Yay!! One day at a time...that's great!!!
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept. 3

Me: *2

One day at a time...

Peace,
    Jeff :tongue:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept. 4

ME: *3

I'm actually doing this thing!

Peace,
    Jeff :laugh:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept. 4

ME: *3

I'm actually doing this thing!

Peace,
    Jeff :laugh:

Great job!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 4

ME: 3
    The Binge: 1*
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept. 5

LNS: 2*

Friday night meant there was popcorn and ice cream and Cheetos and chocolate and ...

Tomorrow is another opportunity to succeed! :ohwell:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept 6:
    LNS: 3*

Even though it's not night time yet, I'm going to concede today to LNS. I have been on a binge since last night - recording everything really points out to me how I can lose control at any time. I know it's okay to snack but it must be kept in moderation. I've eaten so much today already (mostly calorie dense and unhealthy stuff). I am trying to stop eating the junk but it seems like every half hour, I catch myself snacking and not sticking to the plan. Today is lost but starting this very moment, I will regain control and eat healthily again.

Good luck to the others taking this challenge! Any suggestions on stopping the binge once it gets started would be helpful...

Peace,

Jeff :frown:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 6:

Even though it's not night time yet, I'm going to concede today to LNS. I have been on a binge since last night - recording everything really points out to me how I can lose control at any time. I know it's okay to snack but it must be kept in moderation. I've eaten so much today already (mostly calorie dense and unhealthy stuff). I am trying to stop eating the junk but it seems like every half hour, I catch myself snacking and not sticking to the plan. Today is lost but starting this very moment, I will regain control and eat healthily again.

Good luck to the others taking this challenge! Any suggestions on stopping the binge once it gets started would be helpful...

Peace,

I have been struggling some, too. Tonight I could have had more of my frozen yogurt but decided to stop early. Tomorrow is a new day, Jeff, and we've got this!!:drinker:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 6

ME: 4*
    LNS: 2
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options

Peace,

Hi Jeff,

Here's something I found on Facebook under the Reasons to be Fit page from a couple days ago.

"Do you want to end your struggle with late night snacking? The here it is, the best tip I could every give you:
    1. Keep your house free of all junk food.
    2. Simply put, if it's not available, it's not a temptation.
    3. So do yourself a favor and make sure you clean out your pantry and refrigerator of any foods that are questionable, before the cravings hit.
    4. Drink a big glass of water."

Hope this helps. If you need to have these foods in your house because others in the family eat them, try to busy yourself at night with other things to get your mind off of food. I'm starting to try to drink water. I have a hard time with that, anyway.

I also belong to the "Binge-Eating Support Group" group on here. They have a very similar challenge to this one with counting binge-free days.

Lisa :smile:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept 7:
    ME: *4
    LNS: 3

Yay!

Thanks Lisa for the tips. I am doing better at this than I expected and each day gets a little easier to stay in control.

Have a good evening!

• lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 7

ME: 4
  • Boxinggrrrl
    Boxinggrrrl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    K i am going to give this another try :smile:

Me 1
    LNS 0
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept 8:

ME: *5
    LNS:: 3

Even though I ate more than I wanted to, I still stayed under my calorie goals. I did not feel out of control and logged everything that I ate. I can do this! :wink:

Peace,

Jeff