NO Late Night Snacking September 2014

Options

Replies

• mrJRamos
    Options
    BoxingGrrl:

WE CAN DO THIS! Best of strength in accomplishing your goals!

Peace,
    Jeff :smile:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept. 9

Me: 6*
    LNS: 3

One more night in my column! :wink:

Peace,
    Jeff
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    SEPT 10:

ME: *7

YAY!!! :laugh:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Sept 11

ME: 7*
    LNS: 4
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    SEPT 10:

ME: *7

YAY!!! :laugh:

Awesome, you're doing great!! Sorry been a little AWOL. Busy, busy.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    K i am going to give this another try :smile:

Me 1
    LNS 0

Thanks for joining! You CAN do this!!!
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept 11

ME: 7
    LNS: *4

A minor slip up but tomorrow is another day!

Peace,
    Jeff :frown:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    K i am going to give this another try :smile:

Me 1
    LNS 0

Thanks for joining! You CAN do this!!!

SO CAN YOU! Thanks for all the support!
    Hang in there!

Peace,
    Jeff :wink:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept. 13:

ME: 8
    LNS: *5

Whoops! A couple of slip ups but back on track on Sunday! I feel terrible when I don't eat right...

Best of STRENGTH to all of us!

Peace,
    Jeff :ohwell:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept. 14:

ME: 9*
    LNS: 5

NO Late night snacking for me tonight! Woo-Hoo!

Peace,
    Jeff :happy:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 14

ME: 9*
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept. 16:

ME: *11

Last night was the hardest night of the month thus far. I had only 14 calories left to consume and I was determined not to go over my limit. I was practically near tears as I told my partner that, "It's hell being a food addict!" So I drank lots of water and lay down but all I could think about was the Cheetos sitting in the kitchen. That and the cookies (Apricot Walnut White Chocolate Chip) in the freezer. I would have killed for some cheese and crackers or a big handful of nuts. Somehow I finally fell asleep but dreamed about working in a fast food restaurant and eating fried chicken and burgers and fries almost all night long. Oatmeal never looked so good this morning!

Despite all that, I did stay under my limit but it was so painful not being able to eat anything. It crossed my mind several times -- Is this all really worth it? But yeah, it is worth it to me to lose the weight and having the reasons why I want to lose weight in my mind while all that junk danced in my head ultimately prevailed. Thank goodness water has no calories - I kept on filling my glass until I couldn't stand the thought of having one more sip.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Peace,
    Jeff :drinker:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept. 17

ME: 11
    LNS: *6

I wish I could be a little more consistent...I'll go along just fine then BAM...a few days of uncontrollable eating. But with half the month over I'm happy that more of the days have been good than bad. When I start on a binge, it's almost like I need a good slap in the face to knock me to my senses. When it's all over then I look at the aftermath and wonder why it got started in the first place and why I couldn't stop until I felt sick. Definitely food for thought (no pun intended!). I need a distraction in the evenings....

Peace,

Jeff :noway:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Seot. 18

ME: *12
    LNS: 6

I can't believe how much easier it is today to NOT snack. I find that if I resist having dessert immediately after dinner and have it later in the evening, I feel much more satisfied throughout the evening hours. No cravings, no hunger, no late night snacking!

Peace,
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Seot. 18

ME: *12
    LNS: 6

I can't believe how much easier it is today to NOT snack. I find that if I resist having dessert immediately after dinner and have it later in the evening, I feel much more satisfied throughout the evening hours. No cravings, no hunger, no late night snacking!

Peace,

great!!!!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sept 18

ME: 10
    LNS: 8*

I am determined now to get a handle on this.
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept. 19:

ME: 12
    LNS: *7

It's so discouraging to be "good" all day long and then blow it all in a binge right near bedtime. I know I should let it go sooner than I do and remind myself that each day, each moment, is another opportunity for success. However, when I start a binge, I usually have good intentions and carefully weight out my portion of snack. That leads to another snack, and then another and before I know it, I've had too many portions of snacks, all carefully weighed out and logged (mostly). I don't know why I can't stop. It's like I get into a trance and when I "wake up", I realize that I don't even remember all the stuff I've eaten but I did weigh each portion out so on some level, I must know what I am doing and make a conscious choice to continue the binge until it has run its course.

I know we all can get a handle on this late night snacking thing, but damn, it feels so impossible some times. :frown:

I guess it just gets down to a few basic tenets to follow: (in no particular order)

1) Budget for the snacking in the daily calorie goal.
    2) Don't eat after X:XX time (whatever one decides on)
    3) Consciously be aware of how much is getting eaten - weigh out the snack and log it in the tracker.
    4) If you're going to have more than one "snack", drink water and ask one's self, "do I really want this particular item?"
    5) Blog or write something on MFP when one starts to feel out of control.
    6) Brush your teeth.
    7) Weigh yourself and remind your self how hard you have worked to get to this point of success.
    8) If you do slip up, don't be so hard on yourself. Acknowledge what happened, let it go and know that tomorrow is another day.

If you can list here any other particular coping mechanisms, it would be great to have more tools to choose from.

I know we can do this, let's make it happen! :wink:

Peace,
    Jeff :smile:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    SEPT 22:

ME: *15
    LNS: 7

Getting there...

Peace, Jeff
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Sept 23:

ME: 15
    LNS: *8

Stress at work is pushing me to snack in the evenings. This will have to stop!

BREATHE!

Jeff :ohwell:
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    SEPT. 24:

ME: *16
    LNS: 8

Each day takes so much self-control but when I succeed, it's all worth it.

Have a great rest of the week!

Peace,
    Jeff :wink: