September Challenge

Options
With 4 months remaining in 2014. Hope you're still on track to meet your 2014 fitness goals.

Week 1 will be 9/1/14 - 9/7/14
Week 2 will be 9/8/14 - 9/14/14
Week 3 will be 9/15/14 - 9/21/14
Week 4 will be 9/22/14 - 9/30/14

The three focus areas are Fitness, Diet & Mind. There are some pre-set goals for beginners, moderate and active. Or you can create your own personalized goals.

Fitness - Move everyday. Whether it's walking, weight training, working in the garden or shopping let's see how many calories you can burn a day. Also add in a monthly workout challenge for squats, Abs, pushups, full body or etc.

–Beginner: 50-149 calories a day; 350 - 1049 calories a week; and 1 workout challenge
–Moderate: 150-250 calories a day; 1050 - 1750 calories a week; and 1 workout challenge
–Active: 251-350 calories a day; 1757 - 3500 calories a week; and 1 workout challenge
–Personal: Create your own goal; calories a day; calories a week; and 1 workout challenge

Diet – No eating after 8pm. Replace not so healthy food items or snacks with healthier food items while keeping water as your primary drink. Choose one or more vegetables and/or fruits that you will eat more of to replace any unhealthy food items.

–Beginner: No eating after 8pm. Replace bread with a green vegetable or fruit and drink 64 oz of water a day.
–Moderate: No eating after 8pm. Replace bread and meat with a vegetable or fruit and lean meat, while drinking 64+ oz a day and only 1 cup of coffee or tea.
–Active: No eating after 8pm. Replace bread and dairy with green vegetables or fruit, while drinking 64+ oz a day only water.
–Personal: Create your own goal

Mind – Decide to forgive or tell someone that you love and appreciate them. Holding unto feelings and emotions can change our eating and exercise habits. Choose to forgive someone that you may have been holding resentment or anger against. Also open up and tell the people that are important to you how you feel about your relationship.
Sometimes we hold people accountable for how they make us feel; now it’s time for us to regain control over our lives. Be the watcher of your thoughts and emotions. Often how we eat and exercise is because of emotions that we are holding onto.

Choose to say:

• “I love you.”
• “Thank you for always making me laugh or smile.”
• “What a good friend you are!”
• “I forgive you.”
• “I apologize for not…”
• “I'm proud of you for…”

Weekly goal updates can be posted using the template below:

Week 1 Goal:
Fitness – 200 of calories (walking 30 mins x 6 days); total body challenge
Diet – Don’t eat after 8pm No bread & added broccoli, celery & spinach; 64 oz water 7 days
Mind – Forgive people from my past.

Week 1 Actual:
Fitness – 210 calories (walking 30 mins x 6 days); total body challenge 7 day
Diet – Ate after 8pm 1 day; No bread & added broccoli, celery & spinach; 64 oz water 6 days
Mind – Talked to someone about how I felt about their past decisions that angered me.

keep-calm-and-let-it-go-3.png

Replies

• Nt2Badhuh
    Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence I just gave myself a personal challenge to not eat after 8. i failed yesterday but well see how i do today.