What are you proud of today?

Options
I think sometimes it's important to take a minute in the middle of your struggles to really appreciate all that you've accomplished, big or small!

What's something you've accomplished lately that you're proud of? Walk an extra 100 steps? Break a performance record? Hit a weight goal? Do the dishes without getting your shirt wet? Anything at all and feel free to post anytime you're proud of something so we can all cheer with you!

Replies

• AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'll start.

i have walked 3.5 miles in 2 days and done 2 days of 30-Day Shred, even though I didn't want to, even though I was tired, even though I would have rather stayed in and ate 12 nutty bars.

I also am proud that for the first time in months, I had to stop what I was doing and tie the drawstring on my shorts. I have never had to tie these shorts, so that was a major thing for me!
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Broke through my 2-3 mile barrier and walked 4.8 (1 in a thunderstorm, 2 with dog) Small victories!
  • eastbayj23
    eastbayj23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I worked out at the gym today.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I haven't quit. It's been over 4 months and I'm still going strong. I get a lot of flak (actually more like judgement) from people who think I'm not very serious about this because I'm "just" counting calories and exercising. But I admit… I find a great deal of pride in knowing that at 4 months… I've already lasted longer on my weight loss plan than any of those people that are "taking this more seriously (according to them)."

Edited for typos
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud that I managed to dead lift 55lbs today. Woot!
  • eastbayj23
    eastbayj23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You've been making great progress, keep it up Cincysweetheart!!
  • AllieLosingIt
    Options
    You're all doing so many things to be proud of!

Today I'm proud of the fact that even though I didn't want to do anything, I got up and did 30DS. I didn't give it my all, so tomorrow I have to go way hard, but I did it at least.
  • forgivensins
    Options
    Proud I broke down and went to the fitness center (been deliberating since May and just focusing on walking). Working with the stamina and endurance of a true amateur but glad I finally got there (twice this week).
  • AllieLosingIt
    Options
    That's great that you were able to go to the fitness center! You get all my respect for that, I've yet to be able to drag myself into a gym.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Getting to the gym is a huge step! You should be so proud. I loved going to the gym when I lived near one. And I quickly realized no one there cared what I looked like or that at first I didn't really know what I was doing; people are a lot less judgmental there than in the real world.
  • forgivensins
    Options
    Thanks guy :) I've been really lucky in that no one uses it at night when I'm feeling the most energetic so I can look like a fool, test everything out, get worn out after 2 minutes, rest and jump back onto something with practically zero shame.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Today I hit my personal best swim record, 2000 yards (in a very slow 90 minutes)
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Swimming is a great way to exercise!