Figuring out a new TDEE

Options
For the last few months I feel like I've done a good job at doing a small cut and losing weight, then when I broke a rib, staying at maintenance. I'm now going to be adding more exercise/being on my feet more as field hockey season has begun...

My old week before I broke a rib: walk dog 30 min daily, lift 5x5 3x/wk, light jog 20 min 3x/wk. I looked at a TDEE-10% for 1-3 hr activity & also 3-5 hrs and split the difference. I seemed to lose around 1/2 lb a week for most of the time, though that stopped after I broke a rib (I decided to eat around maintenance until I healed).

New week: 2 hr field hockey training 1x/week (I'm a goalie but it's quite full on...see action at least 1-1/2 hr each time), 3-4x week coaching field hockey for 1-1/2 hrs, 5x5 lifting 3x/wk, slow jog 20 min 3x/wk. Plus the 30 min dog walking.

Should I stick with the same formula as before or do you think I should move up to the 3-5 hrs?

Replies

• Jennbecca33
    Jennbecca33 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi there! It sounds like you need to move up to the 3-5 hr level! Quite a bit more activity you are adding on! I'd try it and see what your losses are after a few weeks and then adjust if needed.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Thanks!