Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• comback67
    comback67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm really glad that I found this group. Thanks Melissa for moderating

In my younger years I used to be a gym rat and very athletic. I used to run quite a bit as well. Once life (family, job kids, etc) got really busy I got out of working out for a few years and packed on some weight.

Now that the kids are older and about to go off to college, I have gotten back into working out (cardio, lifting) and eating right. I have found that it's hard for me to run right now because of the stress on my knees and the fact that I need to build my wind up. In place of running I have started a walking routine and I have found it to be so exhilarating and a great stress reliever. I have also lost some weight as a result.

If anyone in the group would like to add me, please do. I would be glad to give support and encouragement. I could also use some myself! :)

Good luck in your quest for living a healthy lifestyle.
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Hope everyone is logging up their miles / goals. Sorry not logged but have been ill recently, on the mend now though., thought would start off slowly - walked 30 mins today outside + work = 5.3 km.:smile: