Water Weekend! 9/6 - 9/7

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
10249120_1469074459990478_1936808393_n_zps1d71fd62.jpg

Instead of the weekend, this is two days till Monday where those of us doing the exercise challenge have to show our numbers, again.

But more importantly, it's two days to Drink Water, Eat Healthy, Be Active, and Sleep Well!

Check in today and tomorrow on your
- Food
- Water
- Exercise
And, how the day is going

Happy weekend everyone

Replies

• LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Happy Weekend. I am such a slacker, and haven't participated in the challenge!

I'm going grocery shopping today so I'm up early making a list and looking up recipes to try. What are your favorite fast/easy healthy meals/snacks that you MUST have on hand?

Water on the weekends are definitely difficult for me, but I will try my absolutely hardest to aim for at least 8 cups of water/day.

No idea what we are having to eat yet today. I think the man wants to BBQ later so I'm sure we will have lots of veggies and shrimp/fish.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Today - I am happy and a bit tired. At work since it's my weekend. I'm hoping I can leave early as I'm only here for support, but that all depends on luck.

Food
    - Breakfast was from a gas station a good 600 calories just because of a small breakfast sandwich!
    - Lunch was small. Chicken sandwich, grapes, granola bar.
    - Dinner is TBD. I'm assuming chicken or brats tonight, maybe hard apple cider.

Water - Up to 30oz right now. I don't drink enough water and I know it's part of the reason I'm tired.

Exercise - There's an app for that! Since this month I'm working on push ups and squats in the challenge I re-downloaded the old apps I use to use back when I worked out of hotels. One's for squats, the other push ups - they give you the sets and reps for the day. We'll see how this goes though, it's been awhile since I've used these apps and hopefully they are like I remember, lol
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Lisa - My favorite healthy snacks are yogurt, bananas, nuts and pop corn for my air popper. There's lots of other snacks, but I can't buy them since I'll binge on them in bulk. Makes their healthy-ness go away.

Texas - Congrats on the officer job!

Kashaas - Enjoy the popcorn festival!

And welcome SweetPea!

Also to Everyone - Please post to the roll call, as we get new people it'd be nice to have them know who is currently active, plus it helps get to know each other a bit better too. I know I also haven't responded to it yet either. (I'm a bad example!) . Thanks!
  • sweetpea2820
    sweetpea2820 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was raisin toast and a peach with weeds and seeds

Lunch was harder as I was out at a potluck was not sure what calorie count was so did not eat until I came home. So dinner and lunch was a mash of different things that didn't make sense. Oh well tomorrow will be better (I stayed under my calorie count):smile:

Water: I have been doing really well in that department. I fill up my jug every morning so that I can keep track through out the day.:drinker:

Exercise: I used my cross country machine for 1/2 hour. I cannot use my right arm right now as I fell off my bike and kissed the sidewalk last week.:cry:

Favorite snacks: I like to have almonds, sunflower seeds, fibre 1 bars ( I crave chocolate so if I have a little bit a day I don't go over board) as of now that is what I have been eating.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    It's Sunday. And since I have another image for this week's nutrient. I'll throw it here.

85549b7c424550eb49eff59516ae279c_zps310cb992.jpg
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Happy Sunday. at work again. Bahhh. I get Tuesday off though (well Wednesday, but I'm going to ask to trade days)

Breakfast - Gas station Fair: Croissant Sandwich (SO MANY CALORIES!), Orange juice
    Lunch - Milk (2 cups), left over thin crust pizza 1.5 slices, 100 calorie granola bar, and a fresh tomato cubed.
    Dinner - TBD

Technically I'm already over calories. :(

Exercise - Did 11 push ups on my knees this morning. Going to do squats tonight - per the phone apps. Excited to check in Monday on what my squat number will be cause I did 60 last night! :D Hopefully I don't end up sore and then unable to show my progress!

Water - ehhhh. at 20oz this morning.

Mentally, I'm not in a work mood. Makes it hard to focus, but I need to just itemize my tasks down and take pride in crossing through them one by one.
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well, we went to the popcorn fest yesterday. I started my day late, I slept in, so not much time for much of anything We started the day at buffalo wild wings (which is downtown by the festival) watching the purdue/michigan game. Then we headed to the festival. I walked a lot and ate quite a bit, and had quite a few beers. I stuck with lite beer so at least there's fewer calories.

I'm getting ready to go to work in a little bit. I'm feeling tired from all the excitement and lack of sleep. I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to get back to exercise and eating right. It seems like every weekend lately has been crazy for me. Hopefully as it starts to get colder I start having less to do. I guess I never realized how much I actually go out to eat on the weekends. I cut way back so at least I have that.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Did 61 squats tonight.

Dinner was chilling leg quarter filled, potato and onions with cheese, and cream corn.

Screwed up after work. Had to get gas and was starving s grabbed a 130 calorie snack at gas station. Turns out it was PER serving. Ate whole thing... ughh purposely looked at all the calories too!!!