Sept 7

Options
Well friends, it's the last day and i've pre filled in my last day so I have a good one. Sorry i've been absent for the past couple of days. I spent Friday in Pacific Grove in Monterey California, walking along the beach and looking at art. Or as the IRS will know it, a "business trip."

I know Karen hasn't been around lately so does anyone know if we were suppose to weigh in today or on the 12th since their is an extra spot on the weigh in chart?

What will you be doing if anything to end this challenge with a bang? On my calendar today is officially know as "Pizza Bike Ride" day. I told myself when I lost 20% I could go to one of the really nice pizza places and indulge a little. To make the indulgence manageable I will be getting their and back on bike, a nice 28 mile round trip.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    The walk on the beach....or a.k.a. 'business trip' sounds lovely!!! Hope you have a lovely Pizza ride too!!

Well...I am trying to decide what the heck we are going to do . I for one would like to continue on this journey, but not sure we should 're-group' and start a new thread or stay on this one?? Another challenge?? Or what the heck to do????? I am open to suggestions by one and all!! Heather also seems to be missing in action too from the group. Maybe folks just fizzled out and got busy with their lives....hummmm doesn't say much about me....posting eveyday!! But ...I do not have a family or significant other (fortunately for me on both topics lol!!), it is just me and the cats...so I am able to go online daily and post.

I am feeling a bit lost as to what to do next with this group. Any thoughts???
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok..so I have a challenge idea but not sure it would work. But I will throw it out there. Shoot it down if you don't like it. Won't hurt my feelings at all.

What about a challenge where we take turns thinking up the daily challenge? So if that doesn't make sense... On day one, We may have to do it the night before for our overseas friend :wink: , but on day one, Pat thinks up a challenge for the day. Water. Try new food. Walk 20 mins. I don't know, whatever. Next day Zac chooses. Next day Nancy...etc. It could be a mental challenge, a physical challenge or just a dietary challenge.

It sounded good in my head but may just be too complicated. :huh: I thought that if we did that for 2 weeks we might be ready to do another "longer" challenge.

I'll keep thinking! lol
    Diana
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I hope you have a wonderful pizza ride, Pat!

I agree that I want this to continue. I think we can just keep this group since we are all here already. I could support each of us picking a new challenge for that day. It could definitely keep it interesting, but I also agree that two weeks is probably a good time frame for that type of challenge.

Well, I have been promising pictures for a while so this will be my attempt to deliver as best I can. First I will share a few of my pictures from Comic Con. It was so much fun, but my feet are a bit sore from all the walking and there were SOOO many people there.

8a9d1032-d455-4fa5-9adf-3e3f799173d1_zpsc469aa7b.jpg

Here is the obligatory photo with some booth girls

cosplaygirls_zpsc86e49c5.jpg

I also got to sit in the Stars Wars universe.

starwarschair_zpsb3ead016.jpg

I also am still waiting on the new Firehole pictures so here is one from a few years ago. I was at the same weight at that point as I am now so it kind of works.

fireholegroup_zps969f9c4e.jpg

And as a bonus for taking so long here is a picture from a couple months ago (and thirty pounds ago) from the time my friends and I dressed up as pirates.

pirates_zpseacef1be.jpg

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend and I look forward to seeing where this group goes next.

Edit: I apparently didn't resize the pictures very well. Oops haha. Just imagine what happened in the rest of the shot on the right I guess.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Zac thanks for posting the great photos! Love the LA slasher and the pirates!! Great imagination!! And the firehole shot looked great....with the natural rocks and water...and friends too!!

I am up for a daily challenge...and being 10 horus ahead of most of you...I can put up a challenge early (your night for the following day....if that makes sense....like right now it is after 0410 am my time (yup I am up this early daily) and it would be about 5 or 6 PM your time...so the challenge would be for after your midnight). I can work around the time zones...not a problem.

Since I am up now...may try and post some photos of my mini break in Dubai in a few minutes.

nancy
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, Pat, Diana and Zac!!!! Pat, your "business trip" sounds absolutely wonderful. Zac, love the pictures. Nancy, can't wait to see yours. Diana, your challenge idea sounds good to me and I'm sure we could make it work especially if it wasn't real long.

Today has been a day filled with church and fellowship for me. This morning Cody and I went to church. After we got home, I walked the Ladies' Bible Study material to a neighbor who hasn't been able to come to church (her husband had surgery to remove cancerous tumors from his liver a few weeks back and is still recovering). Figured I'd stay for a few minutes and chat. Four hours later, Michael came looking for me since I had left my cell phone at home, lol.. After playing outside with Daisy for a little bit, we came in, made dinner, cleaned the kitchen and here I sit before I get ready for bed. Real excitement, huh? Such is my life.

I think that even though the daily tracking ends today, since we have a weigh in date for next Friday maybe we should go ahead and make that the final weigh in day (since we just weighed a couple days ago). What do you all think? I'm not a fan of weighing on different day or different times since your weight fluctuates so much. I like to stick to one day, one time. JMO

Have a great night and I'll chat at you all sometime tomorrow.

Dee