Is the weekend tougher for you to stay on track?

Options
fitmomapn
fitmomapn Posts: 14 Member
How is everyone's weekend going? Do you find that you do a better job during the week or on weekends sticking to your plan? I work full time so it is definitely easier for me during the week. My weekend has been good though. I worked out hard yesterday and my eating was on track. I am food prepping for the week right now. Cauliflower tots are in the oven, getting ready to grill up some chicken breasts for salads and wraps and turkey chili from the New Abs Cookbook is on the stove. Tell us about your weekend!

Replies

• piecelove062808
    Options
    Good Morning All! Yes I feel the weekends are a bit more harder to track. Our family has a camp up North and a lot of time is spent there on weekends. Closing up on Columbus day weekend. Will try to be more aware on weekends and log even though I may be over. I also work full time and have a little one in school. Turkey chili sounds good!
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I definitely have a harder time on the weekends! I don't keep food at work, so I am limited to whatever I bring to eat for breakfast and lunch while I'm there during the week. Weekends are less structured and more chaotic, so it's harder to be "good".
  • amina429
    amina429 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Weekends are DEFINITELY harder for me. I end up estimating portion sizes a lot. This weekend I did go out for a run first thing on Sunday morning, and it made me feel SO GOOD. I have to remember that feeling, so that I can repeat that workout!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! But I have a couple of tips that I use each week.
    I try to keep under my caloric goal by 1-300 calories a couple of days during the week (2-3 no more= roughly 200-600 calories under weekly) and then relax a little more on the weekends.
    I also extend my exercise to another 2-300 calories burned on the weekend (instead of running 3 miles, I'll run 4+ miles and do some strength work), so essentially I'm giving myself an extra 500-900calories to eat on the weekends as a buffer.
    That doesn't mean I totally relax on my diet each weekend, but it does mean that if we end up going out more than once and I have a cheat meal, I'm not freaking out.
    And because I'm still within my calorie goals for the week - I am still seeing the results, which is AWESOME!