HEY THERE

Options
2»

Replies

• Fitmom120811
    Fitmom120811 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    How is the weather there in chicago? Is it cooling down? I am in arkansas and its starting to cool down. Getting ready for falllllll yaaaaay! Are you goin gto do some type of pumpkin run?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I'll be ready on Monday!!! Let's get this party started!!!
  • Fitmom120811
    Options
    How many of you can open your pantry and throw away pretty much everything thats inside? Anyone need a pantry detox?
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in cant wait. I am from Canada, turning 40 less than a month and would like to eat clean.
  • vhuber
    Options
    How many of you can open your pantry and throw away pretty much everything thats inside? Anyone need a pantry detox?

:laugh: :laugh: Funny you should post this cuz I was just thinking about throwing away all sugar, flour and anything used to bake with!!
  • Fitmom120811
    Options
    Part of this will be a patnry detox and and fridge detox. :) Its insane how much you can throw away.
  • Fitmom120811
    Options
    If you are looking to save some money, find an omish farm around you. They usually have farms and stores that they carry things in bulk they have all type sof flours and grains. Its amazing how much money you save. Has anyone seen these before.
  • Fitmom120811
    Options
    I really love your profile picture.
  • vhuber
    Options
    I really love your profile picture.
    Who's? Mine?? If so, WHY?????
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    so far my bf & i are at about 18 or 19 days clean eating with 1 dirty day breakfast on the last 2 fridays. so much awesome. diary is open. looking forward to seeing what goes on in here!
  • vhuber
    Options
    This may start ealier than planned. I think I will start on Monday. Does that sound good. No since in waiting. I will post a new topic on here everyday and everyone will respond, give advice, tell me how there day is going, post recipes. Does this sound good? This is going to run into a clean eating fitness test group on Oct 6th if anyone is interested at that point when the time comes.
    Are we starting tomorrow???? Let me know what to do cuz I am out of my house at 6:30 am for work!!! Thanks & happy week to you!!
  • Fitmom120811
    Options
    I posted a few new feeds. Today is whats in your fridge?
  • Fitmom120811
    Options
    Day 1: So What is Clean Eating?

Eating clean is simply the practice of avoiding processed and refined foods and basing your diet on whole foods. But there’s much more to a clean eating plan. You can structure your diet to get proper nutrition, lose weight, remove toxins, and just feel better.
    Eating clean involves not only choosing the right foods to eat but also avoiding all of the junk foods and processed foods that are so readily available. The keys to good health and proper nutrition are in the following principles:
    • Eat whole foods: Whole foods are foods that haven’t been tampered with, in the lab or the manufacturing plant. The foods you eat on this plan are straight from the farm: whole fruits and vegetables, whole grains, grass-fed and free-range meats, low fat dairy products, unsalted nuts, and seeds.
    • Avoid processed foods: Processed foods are any food that has a label. A label means that more than one ingredient was used to make that food. You don’t have to eliminate all processed foods (like whole grain pasta or natural cheeses), but if you can’t pronounce an ingredient on a label, don’t put that food in your shopping basket.
    • Eliminate refined sugar: Refined sugar provides nothing but calories. Other sweeteners can be used, but with all the good foods you add to your diet, refined sugar really has very little place in the eating clean plan.
    • Eat five or six small meals a day: By eating smaller meals throughout the day you can help rev up your metabolism and reduce the chance that you’ll eat some Funyuns rather than that whole grain cracker with nut butter and strawberries. You should not be so hungry on this plan that you feel deprived or feel the need to cheat.
    • Cook your own meals: Instead of buying meals in a box, cook meals from scratch. That’s not as hard as it sounds! Clean, whole foods need little preparation beyond chopping and sautéing to make satisfying, delicious meals your family will love.
    • Combine protein with carbs: When you do snack or eat a meal, make sure that meal is balanced. For the most satisfaction from your diet, and so you’ll be less tempted to eat junk food, combine protein with carbs or carbs and fat. This simple act will fuel your body and quash hunger pangs.
  • Fitmom120811
    Options
    Are you guys seeing the new posts I make on here? DO you get notifications when I update a post?
  • vhuber
    Options
    I'm getting them!
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    how do you get notifications when there is a new post.
  • Fitmom120811
    Options
    Let me see. I think thats why not many people are responding. I am not sure its possible. What stinks is i dont think you can see these threads on a phone.