Manic Monday!!

Options
Hi everyone,
Even though it is not technically Monday where I am, I thought I would talk about Monday anyway. Plus, for those who listen to 80's, it is an old song. Bonus points if you can tell me who sings it. lol (no cheating)
I hope that everyone had a great weekend, and are doing well. For those of you who are hurting, or have health concerns I am keeping you in my thoughts, and prayers. I was able to do pretty well this past week. I wasn't excerising as much as I wanted, I think I thought about it more then I did it. LOL. Funny, I always thought about it when I was busy doing something else. I have lost a dress size, and I am wearing my husband tee shirt, which I have never been able to do. He wears a medium, and I am always too big. But the arms fit perfect, and I am so excited. I am still the same weight though, so I am wondering why. But I can fit in some smaller clothes and so that is awesome for me. Not sure if anyone else has any exciting things to share, or anything that they need some prayers, or thoughts for, please share if you want to.
For the week coming up, I am hoping that I can work out more, go for walks (weather permitting) and/or swimming. I am also planning on making two meals this week that are no carbs (wheat) because I think that wheat (bread, pasta) is making it harder for me to loose. But, we shall see. I do have a question, does anyone hear struggle with Thyroid issues? I think I might have thyroid issues, it does run in my family. If you feel comfortable could you let me know if you struggle with it, and what are some things that helped you.

Replies

• kspenglermoore
    kspenglermoore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Manic Monday was The Bangles and it came out in 1986 (when I was 21) and I remember dancing to it in the clubs….It seems like ages ago……but here is another Monday song “Monday, Monday” (this one is a little older ) …. You guys guess by whom……
    First congrats again on the dress size!!!!! Keep in mind that by exercising we lose fat and replace it with muscle. Muscle weighs the same, but it has a lot less volume 
    The nasty little Thyroid…. Mine is doing some weird things. My Thyroid value went from a 4 to a 11 in a week. My doc put me some pills. But I do not think the pills have made much of a difference in my weight loss journey. But your best bet is talking to your doc. They can tell how your thyroid is doing with some blood work.
    As of my weight loss journey it has been more downs in the last few weeks. I battle with water retention issues in my arms and legs. I think it is either that or I have reached a plateau…. I seem to be totally stagnant in my weight loss. It is like my body says: you are at 204 lbs or 67 lbs lost and that is it!!!!.... I have continued eating healthy and I have kept exercising 2-3 h a day…..I am thinking it must be time for me to get frustrated again for a while, then get so mad that I increase my exercise by at ½ until the weight loss kicks back in….and I am getting close!!!! So if nothing changes by next Monday I will have to do that!
    I hope, everyone else is having a better time with the weight loss progress and we all move in the right direction on the scale this week…..
  • armywife924
    Options
    Thank you, yes, you are right about Manic Monday, lol. Thought I would ask some fun trivia knowledge. I love Monday, Monday, it brings back so many memories. My momma used to sing it, lol, but I think you want the original singers, lol, that would be the Mamas & Papas, I think. Trying not to look it up. lol. Thank you, I am using it as motivation that I am going in the right direction.

About you hitting a plateau I think that it happens. But, do not let it get you down, you have come a long way, and are going to go a lot further, all you need to do is keep it up. I am cheering for you, :) But, look at being healthy, not just loosing weight, though it is always nice when you step on the scale and it is less then it was before.
  • eviebee03
    eviebee03 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ok so its not monday, but I thought of a mondays song... slightly more depressing but I hate mondays? Im sure that's a 70s 60s something like that song... brb to the google!

Ok so its called "I dont like mondays" but I was close... anyway I cant sleep... heads real busy stressing over stuff I always stress over when im sore (shoulder bad again and off painkillers) and feel yuck and cant sleep. So thats fun. Thought id reply an how I am comment here.

I am... kinda happy about how my weight loss is. Im 500grams(a pound roughly) away from my next goal, 90kgs (180pounds very roughly) which im stoked for... actually I might quickly calculate. That doesnt sound right to me. Ah it wasnt. 198 pounds. So just under the 200 pound mark. Conversions can be hard for me... but I try to make them as accurate as poss for everyone out there. Im tossing up starting a blog. Would anyone wanna read it? Im not sure. I had one years ago which I loved... and I prefered to not have people I see face to face reading it... dunno why... maybe cause I want "real" followers whatever that means to me... anyway just wondering would anyone read it? I lead a very boring life but I do wanna help people with their journeys. And I figure this is one way of making me more accountable. Ideas? Thoughts? Hate it? Let me know if u dont mind. Other stuff, eating went down the drain tonight. Was all good until bf was so late working on a car the supermarket was shut and it was raining too hard to walk there in time, and I had to have pizza for dinner cause thats all that was open, and we didnt have any food at home. So im going to supermarket tomoz and going to plan for that in case that happens again.... I dont like how im feeling now... like im gunna gain 180pounds from my 5 slices(very small slices ) of pizza. And I say small slices as in compared to usa pizza. Me n my mate compared once. We measured boxes n pizza n heights it all. Ur pizzas r huge! Cool! U would only need one! But still cheaper than ours. How great is the nz food pricing ae? Anyway.
    Hope u r all well.
    I dont like mondays.
    Evie
  • eviebee03
    eviebee03 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh, and moor, I saw this awesome pic I wish I knew how to show u, tonight of 500grams of fat vs 500grams of muscle. The fat is about 4 times bigger. So u may be weighing the same but 4times smaller? I dunno ... anyway, hope u kicking that plateaus butt!