Supplements

Options
VastBreak
VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
Anyone here familiar with Isagenix?
I'm wondering about this product and if anyone with Hashimotos or hypothyroid has had positive or negative results??

A friend with hypothyroid is in the middle of a 30 day trial with Isagenix and is touting feeling the best she has ever felt. Looking for a few more "reviews"

This past year has been a pretty big struggle for me as far as feeling well. I've been on thyroid meds for a year now and take more supplements than I ever have in my life. My TSH is worse than when I started meds and my antibodies have doubled! Trying to do things right and not seeing great results is really hard! I'm looking for anything at this point to help!

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I fear I will be spreading some negativity here. I took a look at the web site and all I see is another company trying to take one's money. Please call me cynical. The company seems to offer some sort of business opportunity for some as well, my alarm bells are ringing very loud, so I can hardly hear my very loud tinnitus.

Please can I encourage you to nag your medics because you are an individual and thyroid problems have general headings but an individual collection of symptoms. If you are being treated properly you should be having some benefits by now. Have you looked at the Stop the thyroid Madness, web site yet? There is so much controversy in the medical profession so the best treatment is not always available to most. The US, Australia and the UK all have thyroid support sites which should also have information to enable you to achieve better health. I am in the UK and treatment with T4 is treatment of choice for doctors and Endocrinologist alike but some of us are unable to make T3 which leaves many falling through the gaps. Europe in general seems to follow this practice too. Get a second, third or even 4th opinion. It is your health. For anyone in the UK there is a group on Face Book trying to achieve better treatment for us Brits. (I will continue to include you Scots I hope for our long term future).

I am going through the "try this little bit and see who you go" charade. I have salicylate toxicity related symptoms and my endocrinologist was insisting salicylate is an allergy, I had to point out It is actually a toxin. (Who has the exams here?) I achieved levothyroxine in liquid form because maize starch, the binder/filler of choice on the grounds of cost/economy, is high on the salicylate listing, medication which should have helped me caused me more issues than benefits. Now I have read, maize starch can be problematic for some people with thyroid function issues. We need a good thyroid to help eliminate the salicylate.

All the best, take care, never give up.
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I hear ya Fuzzipeg, I have some red flags waving too! I am searching for a solution and want so badly to find something to make the struggle less!! I'm willing to work and feel that I'm doing my best and that is why it is so difficult to not see improvement!

Stop the thyroid madness is fabulous! I use that as a reference all the time.

Going tomorrow for another set of lab, last one was in June. I guess now there is a concern aout my gall bladder??

The struggle continues :(
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    All the very best for the repeat of the blood tests. I hope it reveals something much more positive for you. Just a thought, this rotten thyroid can cause some of the worst digestive problems. It is supposed to regulate so many systems in our bodies. I doubt very much I can share anything you do not know already.

It'is hard to keep plugging away at something, trying to get over to someone else how great an impact something is having on our lives. If they have not experienced it they can believe the misinformation small gland small problem. Please let us know how you get on when you eventually hear something. I'll be thinking of you.