Tracking calories during walks directly into MFP?

Options
There is a free app (available both on Andriod and Iphone) called MapMyWalk. The company also has other apps such as MapMyRun etc. Here is a direct link to their website : http://www.mapmyfitness.com/

This app will track your time and calories burned while walking, running etc. This app is sync-able with MyFitnessPal. For example, you go for an after dinner walk. Turn on MapMyWalk, the amount calories burned will directly sync with MyFitnessPal.

Hope this helps with tracking a little better!!! If you have any questions on how to set this up, feel free to contact me.

...and I don't think I will be physically there at the pep rally but i will be there in spirit :)

Gayu

Replies

• surmalhar
    Options
    I have Samsung Galaxy and an app 'S Health' on it similar to what you describe. You can track activities, calories burned etc and also food tracker is available. I am currently targeting a daily 10,000 steps (about 5 - 5.5 miles) using the Walking Mate on S Health. It tracks differences between running and walking and calculates calories burned accordingly. I do 3000-4000 steps during lunch and other breaks in the office and rest in the evenings. Any slack is picked on weekends. Hope to keep it up as long as weather permits.
  • MohanAchwal
    MohanAchwal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good info.
  • pjavkar
    pjavkar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Apps are great, and I am using the NikeFit band, which measures, steps, calories and fuel (Nike's own unit of activity). The band keeps me motivated to stay active throughout the day.
    But apps and these sports bands don't give you an accurate calorie measure. The most accurate ones available for a layman are heart monitoring watches that pair with a band that you wear as you exercise. I have one of those too, and will be wearing that (not throughout the day) but when I am doing my most intense exercise activity of the day, i.e walking, jogging, tennis, fitness club, etc.