A little dance of delight

Options
kkimpel
kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
76 lbs since 2011 (215 lbs), but I have bounced around a few times from 150 back to to 169 then back to 150 then to 178. In May of 2014, I entered a medical weight loss program based on whole foods and low carbs at 177 lbs

I have since lost 36 lbs, 7 inches off my apple waist and I feel better now than when I was 30 (though this old woman keeps jumping up in front of me in the mirror and she looks 58 )I walk regularly about 12000 to 15000 steps a day (from my struggling to get 10000)

The cravings stay normal, mostly though I sometimes have to figure out how to get an iced treat into my diet. I thought it would be hard to give up wine, bread, rice and chocolate Dove minis ... but it has been fine. I have a few ounces of wine here and there, no bread or rice .. a few cocoa nibs a night.... but I stay away from Dove.. and I have found a number of low carb exceptions when I just HAVE to have something frozen (plain yogurt with fruit and stevia chilled seems to be the answer .. or So Coconut sandwiches which are a bit of a splurge)

For me, lowering carbs seems to be the answer. I struggle with MFP and how to set the macros. I just found a blog, so I'm going to read and try that. Sometimes I get wrapped up in calories and forget that it is about the carbs and protein .. "fat is ok" is a struggle, too. Which may be an ok struggle to have.

I am 5 lbs from my goal ... then I will begin to add in items, but I feel in control now and think I can make it to 80 in this body. .. :)

Replies

• memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations kkimple, you have a lot to be proud :flowerforyou: of! Your story inspires me and you are very close to my age (59). I can agree with everything you said about low carb. This is the first time in the last 25 years that I have been able to stay with a way of eating that helps me lose weight. I still have farther to go than I have come, but I know that with patience I will be able to make it to my goal.
  • PatchEFog
    PatchEFog Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congratulations kkimpel! WTG! You're in the home stretch!

FWIW, I have calculations and instructions on how to calculate macros on my blog's first post if you need it here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PatchEFog
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so awesome. Eating low carb has reduced my appetite and cravings too. It is very "liberating" and i love it. So glad to hear your story! GOOD FOR YOU!
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Congratulations kkimpel! WTG! You're in the home stretch!

FWIW, I have calculations and instructions on how to calculate macros on my blog's first post if you need it here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PatchEFog

Thanks I'm going to read it.. :)
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations! I like to use this calculator: http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/