Introductions, YO!

Options
Tyler
Sober Since April 26, 2014
Have been working on this for the past 18 months

Was a heavy drinker, like a case of beer...6 nights a week.

Life is so much better than it was.

Replies

• Hopefullysane
    Hopefullysane Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Thanks for starting this.

I'm Laura. Alcoholic in recovery. Sober & clean since January 3, 1993.

I've also struggled with smoking (quit in April of '93), food (working on it) and many other numbing things.

Today I am happy, joyous and free (and a little addicted to the gym).
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this group. MFP has become my main social media outlet and I haven't been as active my regular online recovery community, so this is great for me.

Callie here, recovered alcoholic thanks to AA, sober since July 4, 2004.
  • QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you and how you are beating this habit. I am going to get some help. The first step was admitting to myself that I have a problem. Thank you for your great advice. I will keep you in my prayers.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you and how you are beating this habit. I am going to get some help. The first step was admitting to myself that I have a problem. Thank you for your great advice. I will keep you in my prayers.

I'm glad to see you here.

<3
  • 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My name is Marty. I've been sober and smoke-free since 2004. It took me until 2007 to realize that I'm an alcoholic. I was able to quit both habits cold turkey.

Even though I began this process as morbidly obese, I truly feel that I added at least 10 years to my life expectancy by quitting smoking and drinking. Maybe I should join AA at some point, because I could possibly help others with their challenges.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am just coming to accept my issues. More on that later.
  • beefmanstu
    beefmanstu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this group. I've been struggling with alcoholism for about 7 years now and drank away much of what I have gained in life. Now I'm getting it all back one step at a time starting with treating my body right with the help of MFP
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lis, sober since January 30, 2003
  • Mamamichelle71
    Mamamichelle71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been struggling with a nightly wine habit for a while now.

Somehow I managed to lose 120 lbs. over the past two years but sobriety has been a real struggle. I'm currently up 20 lbs and focusing on my sobriety as much as I can. It's very difficult for me to find balance.

Thanks for starting this group! :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm glad there's a group--thanks for creating it.

I'm Stephanie, sober since Jan. 2, 2010. Stopped and started for 5 years before then.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    hi, I am helly. I used to use meth. I have been clean since August 2010.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of all of you. I don't have addiction. But, I deal with it very heavily in my family (drugs and alcohol). And it's something I feel I need to be cautious about. So, I am probably just here to learn. Also I never know what I can and can't do to help. Or what is support and what is enabling. Sometimes it just helps to see people that are winning the battle. Thanks everyone!
  • Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Emilie, I've been sober for one week :happy:
  • Hopefullysane
    Hopefullysane Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are all awesome. Have a wonderful 24 hours.
  • sgonzalezblanco
    sgonzalezblanco Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah, I'm an alcoholic and I'm 11 days sober. Taking things one day at a time.
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hey Raven here, been sober since Dec 19, 2011. Lost function in a third of my liver. I'm trying to make permanent changes to reverse that. I really love exercise, but I have been staying in the pool to keep from injuring myself which has been a pattern for me. I tend to overdo everything. Went to the gym today for the first time in a while, sauna, and fifteen minutes of rowing. Then thirty minutes in their pool. It was cool. Thanks for the group. I'm interested in fitness and health not "loosing weight" :flowerforyou:
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah, I'm an alcoholic and I'm 11 days sober. Taking things one day at a time.
    How you doin? Gonna make it one more day? I'm rooting for you:flowerforyou:
  • sgonzalezblanco
    sgonzalezblanco Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How you doin? Gonna make it one more day? I'm rooting for you:flowerforyou:

I'm doing well. I've got my second meeting tonight, which I'm looking forward to. I got there a little late last week so I didn't have a chance to ask questions and find out how things work, but I'm hoping I'll make it earlier today to get some more information about the program. This MFP group came pretty much at the perfect moment for me. :happy:

And yes, I am going to make it! :bigsmile:
  • 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of each and every one of you - especially the folks who are newly sober!

I never went to AA to quit, but I should have. Hopefully I'll get my butt to some meetings so I can share my experience with others and possibly help someone in need.

I believe that alcoholism is a sickness, just like cancer. I also believe that alcoholism is hereditary. Thankfully, you CAN beat this sickness! While it still sounds corny to me, you DO need to just take it one day at a time. If you can just make it through TODAY, that's all that matters. Admitting you have a problem is a BIG step.

Hopefully all the newly sober people can be as successful as others and myself. If you're ever struggling and want to PM me - feel free to do so. I check MFP fairly often and I try to reply to all messages quickly.

Good luck, and God Bless everyone that struggles with this disease!
  • mrs_kalee_thompson
    Options
    Hi I'm Kalee and I have been sober since June 16th, 2014. I hate the way alcohol consumed my life and I am finding that sobriety is AMAZING. Feel free to add me for encouragement and support!