Hat vs. Visor vs. Sunglasses

Options
2»

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    For my last race (see profile picture) I wore a ball cap with sunglasses (bought from dollar store). Over the weekend I got a head lamp and now wear that each morning or night with same ball cap. Other than that, I went bare.

I should switch out my ball cap because it is starting to get pretty moist when worn every day.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any of the above. I really should wear my spectacles more though, probably I'd not get lost if I do..
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Sunglasses are as required as my shoes are on all but the dreariest days.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    With over 300 days of sunshine in Colorado, I pretty much always run with sunglasses unless it's raining out (which is very rare).

I am not a hat person - but I do wear a visor a lot of the time as well - I've found it helps keep my sunglasses from falling down my nose, haha.

As for brand, I really like the "headsweats" visor I just bought recently - it's got a built-in thin sweat band along the front which is nice and supposedly you can throw them in the washer and they won't lose their shape (but I haven't tried thatyet).
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I wear a bandana religiously along with sunglasses couldnt imagine running w/o them...I like the bandana to help with the sweat rolling down my face ((life saver)...so bummed when I forget it
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Sunglasses only - $9.99 fake Ray Bans that I picked up at Walgreens.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Got some awesome sunglasses from REI that don't bounce and will even stay on the top of my head if I don't need them. We get a lot of bugs on the trails here, so I usually wear them even if it's not sunny. It seems like a hat or visor would be annoying.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I wear a hat most of the time b/c my hair is very fine and my scalp burns. I wear either a Brooks hat or one from REI. I thought they would make me too hot, but they seem to be fine. I don't think I've run in anything hotter than 90 degrees, though. Both these hats are made with wicking materials. They fit my head right, and hold my hair up in a pony-tail (not all hats fit the same). My teenaged son thinks I look really good in hats - I never wore them before running. The biggest thing for me in not overheating is that I need to keep my shoulders bare - unless it's under 35 degrees out. I will get arm sleeves this year to wear with my tanks b/c I spent too much time last winter pulling my long-sleeved tops off before I had gotten a mile into my runs.

I also wear sunglasses. If you get them to fit right, they shouldn't slip around too much. I put them on my cap if I don't need them, or attach them to my waist somehow. I wear them on most runs b/c I want to protect my eyes.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I wear contacts with a pair of Oakley Radars I picked up in the sale. they are very comfy, don't bounce around and I've even found when I was doing a trail run that went into a woodland and got gloomy that I can push them to the top of my head and they stay in place. They also have some sort of coating that means water runs off quicker.