People that dont understand lifting...

Options
2»

Replies

• symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I love that we are all here together and are able to share in this virtual world of ours.
    The "real" world people just don't seem to understand. :ohwell:

I am actually glad that I don't have a gym partner. When I did go with a girlfriend and did classes it was fun, but more often than not one of us would cancel so the other person didn't go to the gym either.

It was about 3 years ago that I stopped letting my "partner" keep me from the gym. I just kept going on my own and eventually she quit her membership. Sad part is I have since found out that the only reason we really got to see each other in person all that time was because of us going to the gym together. Since I starting doing my own thing I have seen her less than 10 times in 3 years (all of which were kids/husbands bday parties).

Thank You ladies for being such a good sounding board!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I joined the same gym as my bestie and the one thing we did together was when I agreed to go to a yoga class with her. That's when I knew that we were not destined to be gym buddies lol (I absolutely hated it). I went back later that day to do my free weight workout.

She told me if I get badass arms she wants to lift. I am starting to get nice arms so we shall see if she puts her money where her mouth is. I talk to my family a lot about how much I enjoy weights. I'm only learning Stronglifts and working with a trainer for proper form on the exercises I want to do, and my hubby is pretty bemused that I can be so excited about something like bench presses. My mom complains a lot about her batwings; mine are starting to go away and I told her that lifting is going to fix that for her. I would love to see my 60-year-old mom doing Stronglifts!