Where do you run?

Replies

• DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    If nice outside (South Dakota) I run on the side of the road. Otherwise it's on a treadmill at the gym.
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    I run on the footpath, but I always run to a park (there are quite a few nice big ones near me) so I can break it up a little with some grass :smiley:
  • MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Mostly at the gym during the week so I can hit some light weights afterwards. On the weekend, I like running at the beach or at the park. People watching helps kill time ;)
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    For my shorter runs I usually have 1 loop I use in my neighborhood. If I go one direction it's mostly down hill, but if I want more of a challenge, I can do the loop in the opposite direction. On the weekends for my long run I like to run on the Kelly Drive Loop, here in Philadelphia (it runs by the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the place with the "Rocky" steps).
  • ImNoAngel2
    ImNoAngel2 Posts: 98 Member
    I run at a local nearby green way & I love it, it's very peaceful. :)
  • I love running on the rode it's just something about the streets and my shoes hitting the pavement.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    I prefer natural surface trails. My feet, ankles, and knees have taken a beating over the years running on concrete and asphalt. Now I try to avoid hard surfaces if at all possible.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Since I run very early in the morning, shorter road runs during the week, longer trail runs on the weekends
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    I run on a paved trail near my house with mostly open desert on one side. I am usually out about 4:30 in the morning, so I'm only sharing the trail with bunnies and jackrabbits (and the occasional brave cyclist). A couple weeks back, I saw a pack of coyotes hanging around. I am also an avid hiker, so I love being out with the critters!
  • douglas49461
    douglas49461 Posts: 12 Member
    Roads along the lakeshore either white lake or Lake Michigan. Though this time of year if its windy at all you cant run along the lake and then its the roadside or bike trails.
  • tostaky
    tostaky Posts: 30 Member
    Mainly parks since i live in a big city. I do enjoy discovering places when we are on holidays. I sometimes wonder about my personal safety though. Once i went for a run in the countryside on a wooden trail and i went back after 15 mins as i was too scared to find either a warthog or a psychopath... Crazy me
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited February 2015
    Roads along the lakeshore either white lake or Lake Michigan. Though this time of year if its windy at all you cant run along the lake and then its the roadside or bike trails.

@‌ I'm sorry, this has absolutely nothing to do with your post. I just had to say I love your profile pic!

Why do I live where the air hurts my face indeed!?!
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Currently too cold for me to run outside in Alaska. I am a gerbil on a treadmill now.
  • It's pretty cold in VA so I've been forced to stay on the treadmill. We had a nice day last week I took advantage of it and got 5 miles in outdoors before it got too dark out.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Twice a week on hill trails and the rest on quiet country lanes, never on a dreadmill to boring.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    I run in my neighborhood on the paved sidewalks. The roads are too busy; I live in Florida and I'm convinced Floridians are the worst drivers ever, so, I stay off the roads. lol

It's getting that time of the year where the frogs, toads, and snakes are using the sidewalks as well, so, I have to look out for them and not step on them. Vultures eating roadkill...ran by that the other day - pleasant. I ran past turtles and a gator sunning on a pond bank over the weekend, that was fun to see.
    -
    I like to trail run too, but slim pickings in Florida, it's mainly flats/swamp land...and places with wild boar, so packing heat is not unrealistic. I miss hiking in Northern California, but a run on a beautiful Florida beach makes me miss it a little less.

It's already in the 80s and humid - who knows how hot this summer will be. I may need to run on a treadmill then, but I think I'll get too bored. We'll see.
  • mahoganybrowne
    mahoganybrowne Posts: 88 Member
    Most of week day runs are road runs because I have to get up so early to run. On the weekends, it's all trails... I live only ten minutes away from the North County Trail and the Glacier Ridge Trail in Moraine State Park. I don't overly mind the road runs, but the trails are where I like to be. On rare occasion I use the treadmills at the Y... lightning, ice... I use the treadmill runs to get in some barefoot running to strengthen my feet and re-align my stride and foot-strike...

Barefoot running on the treadmill??? I'd like to try this... can you tell me how to get started? I run everyday and I'd like to try something different with it. This sounds like it would help me being that I always run so much and so long that my feet get those cramps when I lay down at night...
  • kellyframe31
    kellyframe31 Posts: 24 Member
    I dislike running on the treadmill. I run outside on the road bit would love to find some off the road trails to run.
  • atayh95
    atayh95 Posts: 8 Member
    I run on trails, I have bad knees from dancing when I was younger so I think the softness of dirt helps the compact of the run. :smile:
  • OtisBuck
    OtisBuck Posts: 21 Member
    Today was the first day in many weeks that was suitable to run outdoors. Ran 4.5 miles on the country roads.