New at MFP and looking for support

Options
I am a 40 year old mom of 3. I had a complete thyroidectomy 9 months ago and feel like my metabolism is nonexistent! I need the support of friends and accountability to help keep me focused.

Replies

• mtdang
    mtdang Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I know what you mean about metabolism even without the medical issues.
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    Welcome! This was a good step for you, and you wont regret it. Feel free to add me, but we are all in this journey together.
  • mfbuscb
    mfbuscb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also new to MFP. Well truth be told I am sort of new, I joined two years ago, then fell off the wagon per se, now I am getting back on. Previously I just used MFP for food and exercise, but I thought I would try some of the message boards too. I will take support any way I can get it.

My story is probably the same and most, I have yoyo'd up and down for a while. Reality is that I need to loose weight, just to be healthier if nothing else. I am 42 years old, mother of two daughters and have a step daughter as well. I have a career and lets just say I lead a busy life. If I do not get control of my weight now, well...... I have a new found commitment!

Anyway, just thought I would try to meet some online friends who are supportive and in the same boat I am in.

Beverly
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me,, I try to burn 1000 calories 7 days a week, and am on here every day.
  • alska
    alska Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    hi! feel free to add me (anyone can, i don't mind) :)
  • Clothwright
    Options
    Hi I'm Carrie, I'll be 44 next month... trying to get healthier and then stay there. Always happy to have more friends!
  • Jen1452014
    Jen1452014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting started. If you log everything you eat it really helps. Doesn't come off as easy as 10-15 years ago. I have been following the plan pretty well for 9 months and have lost 39lbs. Stick with it you can do it!
  • rterilynn
    rterilynn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am new here. Day 5 I think. :) My issue has been getting rear ended 5 times in 10 years. Lower back pain comes and goes and effect my work outs, so I have to watch what passes through my mouth! I will add you as a friend . :)
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Group...
    I log daily but I'm not in the groups daily...
    I enjoy supporting and encouraging.

Add me if you like.
  • Good morning, I'm 42 and have always been up and down with my weight. I would love to have friends that are same age that are going thru the same thing.
  • Denawissink
    Denawissink Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I'm on daily!
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    41 and I'm on daily! I'm dealing with minor medical stuff as well, so I can empathize. I log and weigh daily, but I have a private diary b/c I'm not into sharing *everything*. Cheers! :D

19507081.png
  • Angelmom919
    Angelmom919 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am getting back after a few rough months!
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone! Always looking for friends, motivation and support. It's a struggle, but great when you have company :)
  • franch71
    franch71 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, I'm a 43-year-old mum of 2.