A great Resource

Options
MC_JC
MC_JC Posts: 91 Member
Glad to see that a local group already exist. I see this as a great resource for us to share and motivate each other to reach our goals. I happen to notice that since its creation that the group has been very quiet, so I was wondering what we can discuses here to get the ball rolling?

Since the one thing we all have in common is the pleasure of living in northeast Ohio. We all get to enjoy the weather and how it affects or exercise routines, walks, runs, biking and anything else we all like to do outdoors. The pressure of eating out at our local restaurants dealing with menus, place that are easy to go to and diet friendly, menu items that we have found that are healthy or fit into our goals. There local events such as charity walks or 5Ks and the such.

I would like to see this group be active, just throwing out some ideas how we can get involved to get motivated to succeed and go beyond what we thought we could never achieve.

Replies

• GFDawn
    GFDawn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree! I was a little disappointed when I saw how inactive the group seems. I'm viewing my 'diet' much differently and haven't ate out much with the exception of salad at lunch time. I'm open to new suggestions though.

In addition to watching what I'm eating, I have to be careful with the gluten-free diet. So any place that is GF friendly and is willing to watch what they put in and on the food is great!

Panerathon was last month, but up and coming events I'm willing to participate. Post them as you see them. IF we get interest, maybe we could go as a group!
  • MC_JC
    Options
    Was in Boardmen, last night and I can't go there with out going to Hot Heads found they have a great nutrition chart, with calculator and allergen info. http://www.hotheadburritos.com/nutrition very helpful and informative.

Ended up with a steak bowl, double steak, lettuce, black beans, pico, onion,hot peppers and sweet habanero sauce. Just under 400 cals, 10 fat, 30 carbs and 51 pro. not shabby for fast food and it was delicious
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Was in Boardmen, last night and I can't go there with out going to Hot Heads found they have a great nutrition chart, with calculator and allergen info. http://www.hotheadburritos.com/nutrition very helpful and informative.

Ended up with a steak bowl, double steak, lettuce, black beans, pico, onion,hot peppers and sweet habanero sauce. Just under 400 cals, 10 fat, 30 carbs and 51 pro. not shabby for fast food and it was delicious

I've never heard of Hot Heads. Where in Boardman is it? Right now, I'm so addicted to the Southwest salad w/Southwest dressing from McDonald's. The crispy chicken is scrumptious, but the grilled is delicious, too. I don't care which one I get; I could eat them every single day!
  • MC_JC
    Options
    it is right across from Barnes and Noble and Khols plaza. it is 10 times better the Chipotle, but same concept.
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    it is right across from Barnes and Noble and Khols plaza. it is 10 times better the Chipotle, but same concept.

Thanks! I might have to try that out sometime.