Welcome and Intros

Options
Hello all and thank you for joining! Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourselves and make friends :)

Everyone feel free to add me, I love having new friends!

When the challenge begins Sunday, we can get a new thread going

So my intro:

I'm Shannon and I'm trying to be healthier because I am sick of being out of shape. I've always been out of shape but this is crazy. I'm trying to get some control back.

Replies

• cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cece and I currently weight 259.8 pounds (just made in into the 250s today!). I've lost about 22 pounds so far and want to lose at least a hundred more. I am very excited about this squat challenge! I pretty much have no junk in my trunk, so I'm hoping this will at least help shape what I've got :) I've been reluctant to join other squat challenge groups because they use plans where you end up doing 200+ squats, which is damaging to the muscles. I was very happy to see that we'll be following a more sensible plan :)
  • sahi2lynn
    sahi2lynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Lynn and currently weigh 153 pounds. I started at 175 but I have been hovering between 148 and 153 for several months. I want to try the squat challenge because it looks as though I can squeeze it in to my busy schedule. I have been doing some light weight training. According to the squat challenge, I may have been doing the squats in my weight training incorrectly. So I am looking forward to correcting my technique and gaining the most benefit from my efforts. :)

PS I started loosing my weight before I joined MFP. That is why my ticker shows an 8 pound loss.
  • nanann68
    nanann68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Nancy. I am lookin forward to doing this challenge.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and gals! I am Laura, 25 and started my journey at 260lbs. Now I am down to 246. I walk a lot for my primary form of exercise and wanted to start squats as baby steps to strength training!

Question: Since I am currently recovering from a slight back injury, is it "cheating" if my legs aren't parallell with my knees?
  • lkellandmay
    lkellandmay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wanting to get my legs firmer and in better shape for skiing. This challenge seems a good opportunity to get my legs back into condition.

I will be doing the beginner challenge.
  • sahi2lynn
    sahi2lynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and gals! I am Laura, 25 and started my journey at 260lbs. Now I am down to 246. I walk a lot for my primary form of exercise and wanted to start squats as baby steps to strength training!

Question: Since I am currently recovering from a slight back injury, is it "cheating" if my legs aren't parallell with my knees?

I would think that a modified squat would definitely be better than aggravating a back injury. I say go for it!! :)
  • Myan1959
    Myan1959 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I am a Fitbit One and Garmin 220 user. 55 and want to stay healthy and fit. Seen this challenge downloaded the ebook and ready for the challenge. Work full time at a desk job so everyday is a challenge to get in my steps and excerises???? hope you have a beautiful day. Do you know if there is away to download the challenge on a calendar somewhere or do you just write it down yourselves?
  • rmp968
    Options
    Hi guys! Im Renee and just turned 46. Ugh! I just joined MFP yesterday and so excited to start this new journey in my life. Currently at 203 and need friends to keep me motivated and on track. I saw this challenge and though it would be perfect to start with.
  • SqueakMonster
    Options
    Hi everyone ~
    I'm Lisa, I turned 45 back in July, and I currently weigh 236.0 pounds ... it's that last part that I have the problem with! ;)
    I work full-time and go to school full-time, both involve LOTS of time at a desk.
    I'm in for the challenge, and because of my crazy schedule, I'll be breaking my exercise rounds in half -- half in the morning before work, and half at night after I'm finished with homework/exams.
    Feel free to friend me, I'd love some company in the torture! LOL
    L ~