On my way to Keto........

Options
2»

Replies

• globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I'm surprised it took you this long to jump all the way in. It's such a delicious way to eat.

I thought Dukan way the way (LCLF) , until I discovered that fats were the missing link ....thank you :)
  • globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update after Day 4 :

- started sep 30th, my boyfriend and I took weight and size measurements ( he actually started a day later as we had so many lovely fruits to use up )

- symptoms of tiredness, lack of concentration, obsession with Keto recipes and peeing like a woman in latter stages of pregnancy!!!

- daily testing with Keto sticks and I gradually went from no colour to moderate yesterday ....does that mean I am in ketosis ? Or is this just the ketones from any coconut oil I am consuming ?? I am really not sure as I know the sticks are not that reliable. I just figured that the sticks going darker indicated some sort of change .

- found Day 3 the hardest, combatted that my using my little energy to cook up some Keto snacks and ready food .

- only exercised once, today will be my second workout.....I hope to up the workouts back to 4 x weekly.

All in all, I feel okay and motivated completely......I just don't feel like I am losing but I guess early days yet. Oh, my boyfriend cheated and secretly weighed himself lost 2.5 kilos (5 lbs) up until yesterday....that's crazy! I just hope he is not losing muscle mass as he is only 10% body fat currently. Btw, he is totally into it.....I think bar my obsession with ketostix, he has been right on it. My first weigh in tomorrow, and then again on day 10 after which, I go back to working for 2 weeks abroad.

Thank you for all of your advice and La5vega5Girl, thank you for the compliment ...that picture was taken during my Dukan days, I hope to get back there soon and maintain this time.

Things I have made so far (all Keto friendly) :

Coconut and avocado icecream
    Coconut bounty bars
    Meatloaf
    West african peanut stew
    Danish Frikadelle
    BPC coffee ( tried it twice )
    Back wrapped mini sausages (98% pork) yum
    Baked cauliflower mash topped with cheese ....heaven

I can add pictures if anyone can tell me how ????