Question for the big guys 40+ years

Options
chilly1470
chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
Have you had problems with your mojo in the sack due to extreme obesity? If you have lost a lot of weight, did this improve? How about testosterone levels? Do those ever get better with loss? I have read and studied on this some, and even consulted with my doctor, but I would like to hear real life experience. I was up to almost 400 pounds and have had real problems and loss of interest, mostly due to not being able to perform and not wanting to fail. Please be respectful and don't be shy to share if you want.

Replies

• chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Never mind! How do you delete a post?
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to delete a post, but I can respond to this question now that I've come across it. I'm 27, and I haven't felt those effects, BUT... It is a valid question & a correct correlation, as well. Excess fat creates excess estrogen in our bodies. So, yes, it does get your hormones out of whack. Because we're obese, we're producing a lot more estrogen than we need, which can very well cause problems with our "mojo". One could supplement with testosterone (which does have an increased risk of heart attack, so I definitely wouldn't recommend it to someone who is already at an increased risk due to weight) to help create a better balance, or just keep losing that weight and soon, your hormone levels will be where they should be.
  • on2016
    on2016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know you already retracted the question, but still going to respond! We never had any issues before, but since the wife and I have both starting losing weight, we've definitely noticed the Mojo levels increasing. Talk about motivation to keep on losing the weight!