Day 18

Options
9/14 I had a really good day overall! I went to the grocery store today and got lots of healthy foods. My boyfriend and I did meal prep so we are all set for the week. We are having turkey meatballs, chicken breasts and veggies. I am pretty excited. :bigsmile: This was my off day but I still got a little cardio in :wink: I enjoyed having a candy bar from my boyfriend's home of Zimbabwe. It was called a "Crunchie" and it was worth every sugary calorie :tongue: But it's back to work today and I am excited for another great week!

Replies

• MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Good morning! 9/14 was a pretty good day. My brother from Detroit surprised me by popping in! He decided to move to Ohio, and arrived at his girlfriend's house on Friday. He never did give me a warning when he was coming to visit...always liked the element of surprise. I knew he was thinking of moving, but I didn't find out until he showed up in my living room yesterday that he was here for good. All of my family lives in Michigan, so it's nice to have someone from my side down here with me!

I had dinner with my in-laws....Nobody grills a steak like my husband's father! It was so darn tender, it melted in your mouth! I stayed under my calorie goal, but seem to be having a little trouble with the fat count. I don't go over by too much; it was -6, but I'm still not happy about it.

I bought a new digital scale, but it seems to weigh a little heavier than my standard. Not a good thing to see when you're already on a plateau. :noway:

I get my first shot to the spine at 4 p.m. Good thing, too, because my back started going out on me a few times throughout the day.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!!
  • bridetobeMEC
    bridetobeMEC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I have been sick the last few days so I have not accomplished a whole lot in the gym area but I tried to eat well when I was hungry. Today is the first day that I am feeling better. I am glad that everyone is doing well!
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself bridetobe!

I barely had an appetite today which was good since I had to make up for the weekend. I gave into having dessert and drinks. 2 things I really don't need right now.

I'm upset that my best friend wasn't more supportive with my diet and she ordered dessert to share after I spent the morning complaining about my bridesmaid dress doesn't fit and I'm eating salads for the next week. I love my friends but I think I need to avoid them for the next month to stay on track.
  • bridetobeMEC
    bridetobeMEC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself bridetobe!

I barely had an appetite today which was good since I had to make up for the weekend. I gave into having dessert and drinks. 2 things I really don't need right now.

I'm upset that my best friend wasn't more supportive with my diet and she ordered dessert to share after I spent the morning complaining about my bridesmaid dress doesn't fit and I'm eating salads for the next week. I love my friends but I think I need to avoid them for the next month to stay on track.

Thanks! I am going to go to the gym today and see how it goes. I am in a very similar position as you when it comes to your support system. My fiance owns an Italian pizzeria and everything is delicious. To help me out with cooking and life he offers to bring food home a lot (I am usually gone from the house from 6:30am till 8 pm and then I have homework so I do not have a ton of time on most days). This is super sweet of him but not the most supportive in the diet category. I have had to consciously make good decisions by asking him to bring home salads for me and if he does bring home pastas or anything I only measure out a small amount. Don't give up on your friends :) We can be your support system in the diet category! I hope this helps! Today will be a better day :)