New and looking for friends for support...

Options
Hi my name is Rene( Reboz) and I'm new to my fitness pal and trying the south beach diet per my doctor to lower my cholesterol and lower my glucose ( pre diabetic)... I don't want to end up on statins or meds for diabetes... I'm looking for friends for support to reach my health and weight goals.. Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! you'll find like minded folks here (although it's a slow board) or on the low carber daily forum.

Best of luck! Feel free to add me or ping me if you need anything.
  • PatchEFog
    PatchEFog Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Rene :)

I don't do SB, but saw you on the other LC board. I was going to direct you over here, but I see you already found it AND Sabine. Awesome!

Good luck in your weight loss journey! Hope to see you around. :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hey, Rene !

Best of luck to you on your weight-loss journey ...... be prepared to do a little bit of work as well ...... there's really no way around it ...... when you first start changing your way of eating, you need to plan, plan, plan !

If you can, clean out the junk from your cupboards, fridge, freezer ...... if it's not in the house, you won't be tempted to eat it .....

Make a list of good foods to buy when you next go foodshopping ...... Sabine has posted a plan for both Phase 1 and Phase 2 ..... if you have questions, feel free to ask !

Do you best to avoid prepared foods with lots of chemical names ...... and ease up on ANYTHING sugar (or even fake sugar)

Rome wasn't built in a day ...... it's gonna take time to see results ...... but you'll quickly feel good inside that you're doing something positive for your health :drinker:

Mary Ann
  • verptwerp
    Options
    BTW, you can always friend me if you'd like ..... have an awesome day !
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new to MFP but having been living South Beach for many years. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Good luck!
  • RenaLaRose
    Options
    Thanks .. If you would like to become my friend and look at my diary and see if I am choosing good foods would be great.. A few years ago a friend suggested I tried the HCG diet ( only 500 cals a day ) I did lose 30lbs on it but it came back after introducing food groups back. So I know how it is not to have sugar, bread, pasta etc. I actually feel real full on the South Beach and a lot more food choices than HCG. I lost 3 lbs so far and today day 4 I stayed the same ?? Thanks :))
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Thanks .. If you would like to become my friend and look at my diary and see if I am choosing good foods would be great.. A few years ago a friend suggested I tried the HCG diet ( only 500 cals a day ) I did lose 30lbs on it but it came back after introducing food groups back. So I know how it is not to have sugar, bread, pasta etc. I actually feel real full on the South Beach and a lot more food choices than HCG. I lost 3 lbs so far and today day 4 I stayed the same ?? Thanks :))

^
    ^

We need to eat .... to make good, healthy choices at each meal, each day. We need to figure out what works for us, to discover what is "good" and "healthy" ...... because what works for me might not work for you. It's going to be trial & error for awhile ...... which is pretty exciting, I think :drinker:

You start with your Phase 1 options ....... and if you do get hungry, eat more veggies ...... veggies are our friends !

When you start Phase 2, be sure to GRADUALLY add foods back in ...... this way, if you suddenly get cravings, it's easier to figure out what your trigger foods are. And you'll want to stay clear of those trigger foods for a long, long time LOL

Personally, I have some medical "things" to pay attention to, so I watch my sodium intake, stay away from sugar, and limit shellfish & fatty foods. I'm used to it by now ..... occasionally I make a mistake ..... but I usually get right back on track.

Plan, plan, plan ...... that's the easiest way to train your brain !
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    and don't for get the beans!