Don't let perfect be the enemy of good

Options
I learned many lessons during those late-night strategy sessions in Accenture. I think it's important to recall one here, and to share with all of you - "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good"

Those that know me know I'm a perfectionist. I strive for perfection, or I sit out of the game. Perfection works in engineering, but the rest of the world is grey. There are a lot of uncertainties in life, and you have to be able to pivot as you uncover them on the journey.

Don't let the imperfections of MFP lure you away! Sure, the rice/daal you cook at home is unique to the one found on MFP, or that the activity trackers (e.g., jawbone, fitbit) don't capture your true calories burned. Regardless of the variations, MFP is a great way to keep a pulse on your daily habits.

Keep calm, and MFP on. And if you fall off, reopen the app and pick up where you left off.

Replies

• uberaditi
    uberaditi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I know for me calorie counting/logging is often frustrating-especially with homecooked/Indian food, but I think more important than the final calorie tally for the day, is the fact that you become more conscious of what you eat, and how much you eat. I know it had helped me curb snacking and enforce some semblance of portion control.