Day 2 Healthy Snacks

Day 2: Healthy Snacks
Snacking is an effective way to fit extra nutrients into your diet and prevent overeating at mealtimes. According to a study published in "The Journal of Nutrition" in February 2010, approximately 97 percent of Americans snack, getting an average of 24 percent of their calories from snacks. With snacking providing this much of the day's calories, choosing healthy options is crucial!
In order to provide the extra nutrients your body needs, each snack should have a base of fruit, vegetables, or protein. Below is a list of healthy snacks you can consider adding to your diet. Enjoy!
• Fresh veggies with hummus
• Fresh fruit with peanut butter
• Protein Bar (a few of my favorites are Builder’s Bars, Think Thin Bars, Quest Bars)
• Turkey Lunch Meat Roll-up
• Protein Shake
• Dried Fruit
• Nuts – plain, unsalted
• Greek Yogurt with fruit and/or granola
• Boiled Egg
• Fruit Smoothie w/ unsweetened almond milk, honey, cinnamon, etc.
• Frozen Yogurt Berries
• Cottage Cheese w/ fruit or tomatoes
• Celery with peanut butter
• Quick Greek Salad: Chopped cucumber, peppers and cherry tomatoes with feta cheese and vinaigrette
• Fruit Salad: Top it with nuts and a honey-sweetened yogurt for a protein boost
• Frozen grapes

Replies

• Fitmom120811
    Fitmom120811 Posts: 260 Member
    What type sof snacks do you guys eat during the day?
  • gutierrezbe
    gutierrezbe Posts: 8 Member
    I snack on fruit and veggies (ex: apples, pears, peaches, bananas, carrots, cucumber).
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    My snack "HAD" been baked items & that is why 20 pounds appeared on my body since Christmas!! NO MORE of that!!
  • ashley_144000
    ashley_144000 Posts: 24 Member
    I like fruit & nuts mostly. Bananas, peanut butter, peaches, almonds, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, goji berries, kiwi, mango, cashews, I could go on lol!
  • Fitmom120811
    Fitmom120811 Posts: 260 Member
    Can you buy gogi berries at the store?