Day 19

Options
9/15 Had a good day. My husband and I met up with my brother and his girlfriend for lunch before going to get my shot. I had a large grilled chicken salad and water. I had to add snacks to my day, as I wasn't close enough to my calorie goal. I have strange eating times, as I work afternoons and I'm not hungry until later in the day.

The shot went well, and time will tell if it works out. I'm scheduled for 2 more next month.

Hope you all had a great day!!! :happy:

Replies

• overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    9/15 didnt go so well, and neither did my weekend. I did a lot of walking and stayed active but my food choices were not the best. I've consumed so much sodium my main goal today is to drink plenty of water and get moving to flush it out. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    9/15 didnt go so well, and neither did my weekend. I did a lot of walking and stayed active but my food choices were not the best. I've consumed so much sodium my main goal today is to drink plenty of water and get moving to flush it out. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Don't beat yourself up! You burned and earned a lot of calories by walking. I have problems with sodium too; I like the stuff a little too much! At least I don't have the double whammy of an uncontrolled sweet tooth! :laugh: I'm sure you'll easily get yourself back on track! :smile:
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    09/15 this was a really good day! I was under my calorie goal and went to the gym! I did shoulder with the weights and then I got on the elliptical. It did 40 minutes and it felt wonderful! I have really missed b ring in the elliptical. Whenever I first started losing weight over a year ago I would do the elliptical for an hour each day so we developed a close relationship :laugh: and I weighed myself this morning And I am now 142.6. I know that's only a .4 lb loss but it made e happy! Once I get into the 130s I will probably explode with happiness :bigsmile: hope everyone has had a healthy start to their day so far!

Mchelle: way to show restraint while eating out! I know that's definitely difficult for me!

Zoe: Its okay!! At least you stayed active! I'm sure if you up your water intake you will be feeling better in no time!
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    09/15 this was a really good day! I was under my calorie goal and went to the gym! I did shoulder with the weights and then I got on the elliptical. It did 40 minutes and it felt wonderful! I have really missed b ring in the elliptical. Whenever I first started losing weight over a year ago I would do the elliptical for an hour each day so we developed a close relationship :laugh: and I weighed myself this morning And I am now 142.6. I know that's only a .4 lb loss but it made e happy! Once I get into the 130s I will probably explode with happiness :bigsmile: hope everyone has had a healthy start to their day so far!

Mchelle: way to show restraint while eating out! I know that's definitely difficult for me!

Zoe: Its okay!! At least you stayed active! I'm sure if you up your water intake you will be feeling better in no time!

Congratulations on your loss, Kelsey!!! I'd be happy as a clam if I hit the 140's! You're going to hit the 130's in no time with all the dedication you've shown!

I wish you could edit posts...I meant to say I had a large grilled chicken salad.
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    Thanks for the support Michelle!! And I think you can edit your posts! I'm on my ipad and it gives me and edit option. Maybe I can edit it for you :wink:
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    I did it :bigsmile:
  • bridetobeMEC
    bridetobeMEC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    9/15 wasn't my best day. I didn't have time to make a lunch (which I normally do every day) and it was left over night for dinner so it was kind of a hodge podge of randomness and higher in carbs overall than I normally like to do in the evening. (Today is going better so far)

Overall, feeling a little discouraged in myself and my overall longevity with my fitness pal. I will have a solid 2 weeks and then I will have a couple of bad days where I do not track and then I weigh myself and all of my hardwork goes out the window as I gain the weight back. What do you guys do to stay mentally on track?
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    9/15 wasn't my best day. I didn't have time to make a lunch (which I normally do every day) and it was left over night for dinner so it was kind of a hodge podge of randomness and higher in carbs overall than I normally like to do in the evening. (Today is going better so far)

Overall, feeling a little discouraged in myself and my overall longevity with my fitness pal. I will have a solid 2 weeks and then I will have a couple of bad days where I do not track and then I weigh myself and all of my hardwork goes out the window as I gain the weight back. What do you guys do to stay mentally on track?

I have been there for sure! I just make sure to log on everyday and see what everyone else is doing. When I see how great everyone else is doing I am encouraged to do awesome too! I also stay motivated by remembering my goals. I really want to tone up my stomach so I think about that EVERYDAY!!! Another thing that helps me is watching weight loss show like Extreme Weight Loss and Biggest Loser. Seeing people lose large amounts of weight really inspires me! If they can lose 200 then I can lose 20! Hope this helps!!!
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I finally got my act together and went back to my gym. Glad I did,did some cycling,pilates and crunches fir the morning session and had dance aerobics for the evening session. Good day aside fro the soda I popped for breakfast.
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I need to have my cheat meals on the weekend. I can stick to my week day diet because I have a cheat meal to look forward to. And I swap to maintenance calories for 2-3 weeks to give myself a break.

And the other thing I do is try on my clothes (in my target weight) to see how it fits. It feels good to try pants in size smaller and see it's not tight as it was the week before.

I'm on and off with logging if I have a busy weekend but I keep it up since it does work over the long run.
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    I did it :bigsmile:

Aren't you the tricky one! :wink: Thank you!! :happy:
  • MichelleV1990
    Options

Being that I'm older, and have started getting your normal health issues that come with aging, I make darn sure I log what I eat religiously. I know my age alone is a strike against me because of a slowing down of my metabolism. What really keeps me focused is a diagnosis of osteoarthritis. It's imperative that I get the stress off my joints so I can preserve the ones that don't hurt for a little longer. Pain is an excellent motivator! Once I really set my mind to something, I'm able to stay focused. When I'm in the zone, I don't even crave things. My final weight goal is the bullseye, and I don't remove my eyes from the target.

Having wonderful MFP friends and belonging to a few groups is also a great help. They pick you up when you're down and give you the strength to keep pushing forward. With them in your corner, you can't fail!

Good luck, and keep logging!