The beginning

Options
13»

Replies

• zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm so excited for this challenge, it's exactly what I need right now!

So, my name's Nicola and I'm 22. I've been losing weight with MFP since January of this year. I lost 33lb in 6 months, however last month I lost track for a while due to moving country and put on 7lb. I'm down 2lb again though and back on track! I want to lose 15 lb by 2015 to reach my ultimate goal weight. Looking forward to the next 100 days with you all!
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you for inviting me! I needed motivation as we approach the winter months! Happy losing, everyone!
  • bibididi
    bibididi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for inviting me this is awesome exactly what I need......... started this morning 45 mins on the elliptical and am bursting with energy.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hello :flowerforyou:
    Bit worried I am going to put on weight rather than lose it as Ive just started lifting! (Im still quite weedy though)
    Still aiming for more or less not overweight though (10.5-11st). Bring it on! :wink:
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Thanks for the invite, excited to join the challenge. Aiming to lose as much of the 14 pounds of my initial weight loss goal that I can.
  • Phabmama
    Phabmama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I joined the group but I'm having a problem accessng the spreadsheet. I'm at work now. I'll try to access it at home tonight and see if it works.

This year has been a difficult year full of losses and sorrow for me and my family. I know that I need to takecare of myself and I'm ready to restart my journy. looking forward to sharing this jounry with all of you!
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi! In 100 days I would like to weight 155 lbs. Right now I weigh 161.4 lbs.

I would like to workout everyday by walking my dog 2x a day

by working out on my treadmill or stationary bike everyday

by drinking 8 cups of water everyday

by wearing my fitbit everyday

by going horseback riding 1x week

and by going out to eat 1x a week

thanks for inviting me to this challenge! Good luck everyone! :)
  • Kylie814
    Kylie814 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My starting weight will be 180 and in the 100 days I want to lose roughly 30-35. I need motivation as I tend to go into "funcks" and eat whatever I want and then I get discouraged with myself and just not want to do anything. I'm a member of Aspen and recently started with a personal trainer 2x a week, plus I go by myself 4x a week. I plan on continuing this schedule, plus I need to start eating healthy again. I work full time during the day and then I go to school full time until 830pm, so my dinner is either something quick or I'm just too tired to eat anything.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,098 Member
    Options
    I need motivation as I tend to go into "funcks" and eat whatever I want and then I get discouraged with myself and just not want to do anything.

Yes! This is exactly one of my problems, too!
    I have been here on MFP some time now (although not as long active as the date I joined would suggest), and I lost about 12 kg. Then I got complacent and didn't pay attention anymore, and slowly some of the weight crept back.
    (I have read something similar in this thread - I am glad I am not the only stupid one here...)
    Since August I have made a new start and lost about 3 kg, and I want this momentum keep going. I am now at 89 kg, my dream goal would be 80 kg at the new year, but I will be happy with anything below 83 kg.

Feel free to send me a friend invite, if you like!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    This is the first group I joined. I'm excited to see how it goes.
    These last 100 days are usually difficult for me because I bake a lot and we have big celebrations each month starting with my birthday, then my daughters birthday, halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, wedding anniversary and New Years. So here is to staying on track, keeping a watchful eye and doing our best.
    My current weight is 210, my goal for these 100 days is to end up around 190lb and start the new year under 200.
    Best of luck to all of us!!!
    Let's do this!
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Very well said danelutza19.

Keep inspiring.
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sending me the invite! I seem to be desperate with making my goals and time after time I feel like I bomb these challenges. *sigh*

I have been battling back issues for the last 6 months. I am my mother's soul caretaker after a double stroke and after 2 years of transferring my mom I "blew" out a herniated disk. I have been is some serious pain... it was hard to even walk after 20 minutes because of the nerve pain I was having. The doc is working with me and it is getting better but for now I have to do everything low impact. UGH

I have always been very athletic and after becoming a mother of 3 I let myself just go. I can get really mad at myself but instead I chose to show my boys how I still have some fight left in me and I will get back to a healthier weight. I am still active, but the back issue is sapping a lot of my "will" away. I get started, lose some weight, then wham the back has something going on. I was swimming, but now we have closed the pool. I am back to my low impact workouts. I have to be very careful when working my core.... it's that catch 22 ya know? I have to lose weight to help my back feel better, but at the same time, I can't really do anything that will re-injure my back. Maddening!

i am really going to try my hardest and achieve my goals this challenge! I would love to end a year of challenges finally losing something at the end of it! Let's do this everyone!!!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Do we have a set weekly weigh in? It looks like on the spreadsheet it's every 10 days, is that correct? Just wondering because I tend to weigh on the same day of the week every week so I'm not sure if I will remember to do it on specific dates instead of days.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanks for inviting me into this group.

I started piling on my weight around 6 years ago and was not happy with myself. I like food too much and have no self control half the time. 4 years ago I had a 10lb baby and let my weight skyrocket. In 2012 I worked really hard and dropped 66 pounds. Then I got pregnant again and had an 11lb baby. I gained back all I lost and then some.

I started working out and changing my calories a week ago and am feeling really positive. I have already dropped five and a half pounds so I know I can do it.

This group has come around at the PERFECT time for me.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Do we have a set weekly weigh in? It looks like on the spreadsheet it's every 10 days, is that correct? Just wondering because I tend to weigh on the same day of the week every week so I'm not sure if I will remember to do it on specific dates instead of days.

You can add your weekly weight to the nearest 10% date.
  • Cravitzina
    Options
    Great idea! Thank you for organizing. I am in.
  • Mags10708
    Mags10708 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My first MFP group. Will be a help to be accountable to the group--I hope. I need the help. Been same weight for quite a long time but with an upward trend. My Dr says over 50 yo you can expect to gain 2-3 lbs a year unless you change something. I cannot afford to gain 2-3 lbs a yea!!! I need to lose 30 lbs or more!! I will go for 18 in this 100 day challenge. That is just over 1 LB per week. I know from experience even that is not Easy! But MFP is a great tool.

CW: 173
    SW: 173
    GW 100 days: 155
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My goal is to lose twenty pounds by Dec. 31st! Logging daily really helps me to stay on track :)

Good luck to all!!