Hello, Everybody!

Options
Hi, all!

I'm Michelle, and I live just outside of Youngstown, in Mineral Ridge. I was made in Michigan, but my husband and I moved to his hometown in 2000.

I never had any serious weight problems until after the birth of my last child, when I was 41. It wasn't too long after that I was diagnosed with Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease. It affects the peripheral nerves and causes atrophy in the muscles of my arms, hands, legs and feet. I wear foot braces to keep me from falling, and my fine motor skills are horrible. I was also diagnosed a few months back with osteoarthritis in my hips and back, which adds an even greater challenge to the mix. I need to lose at least 60 pounds to take the pressure off my joints and have managed to drop 25 so far through diet alone. I've received 3 out of 5 cortisone shots so far, and am praying that they curb the pain enough so I can begin walking again.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all better, and encouraging each other on our journeys to better health!

Replies

• MC_JC
    MC_JC Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to discuss anything and everything on your mind. I hope this group can become a great resource for support for everyone from places to workout, walk, run, bike, places to eat, shop or whatever you want.
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome! :smile: