Any Interest in doing the Turkey Trot (5k) as a group?

Options
Hi All!
I hope everyone's diet/exercising/resisting-that-pint-of-icecream is going well so far! I am planning on running (walking?crawling?) the Turkey Trot 5K in Ann Arbor this November, and thought it might be a great group activity for all of us to do. The event takes place on Saturday November 27 at 8:30, and loops around downtown/Michigan Stadium. The good news for non-runners (like yours truly) is that this is a non-timed race (phew). The better news is that we get a festive holiday hat with our race packet. The best news is that they will have hot chocolate along the course and at the finish line (we are allowed cheat days, right?).We also have the option of fundraising for one of several charities this race supports.

You can find more information here: www.theturkeytrot.com

I think "training" for this race would be a great way to get in group workouts, too. Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in!

Replies

• Noelyo
    Noelyo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For anyone who is interested in this, but don't know if they can do a 5K, check out the "couch to 5K" (c25k) program. It's designed for couch potatos who want to run a 5k in two months(ie right before this event!). It starts off slow, alternating between walking and jogging, eventually building you up till you can jog the entire 5k. The program is three times a week for roughly 30 minutes per session. There are many apps and other resources on the internet to track your progress, and it's a great way to lose weight and get in shape before thanksgiving.